File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Nothing yet, my employer is pressuring me to got to the border to flagpole . I don’t know. How bout you
This is selfish on your employer's part.

Flagpoling will put you at risk of getting an exclusion order. So if you flagpole, you need to be prepared that this could end up making your situation significantly worse than it already is.

Your choice of course.

Ralloblack88

May 11, 2024
This is selfish on your employer's part.

Flagpoling will put you at risk of getting an exclusion order. So if you flagpole, you need to be prepared that this could end up making your situation significantly worse than it already is.

Your choice of course.
They did provided me with a new LMIA and job letter to apply for the work permit. And seem convinced that I’ll be fine, but I’m hesitant to go ,everything I read online says out of status is not safe .

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
They did provided me with a new LMIA and job letter to apply for the work permit. And seem convinced that I’ll be fine, but I’m hesitant to go ,everything I read online says out of status is not safe .
It's certainly not safe. You are supposed to have valid status if you want to flagpole. It could work out or it might work against you. You would need to be prepared to take that risk.

RyanKr

Apr 19, 2023
So I managed to get an update today through my local MP. IRCC have said that after 110 days, they have managed to complete my criminality check and that no other verification processes have begun yet. 110 days to complete one part of the process. Unbelievable. God help everyone that has applied.

Ralloblack88

May 11, 2024
So I managed to get an update today through my local MP. IRCC have said that after 110 days, they have managed to complete my criminality check and that no other verification processes have begun yet. 110 days to complete one part of the process. Unbelievable. God help everyone that has applied.
Wow, disgrace, I think it is a tactic to discourage applicants. Surely it can’t be that hard . What is a local Mp? And how was it able to get you in contact with the IRCC?

Ralloblack88

May 11, 2024
It's certainly not safe. You are supposed to have valid status if you want to flagpole. It could work out or it might work against you. You would need to be prepared to take that risk.
Understood, that’s why I’ve been just idle about it . Not wanting to push there and create an issue. It’s a scary risk for sure

Ralloblack88

May 11, 2024
I think whoever is advising them, is advising them wrong. I just want to get back to work. Like how do they expect and unemployed person to take care of themselves in a foreign country with no friend/family for months? I was almost homeless if not for help from a friend because I can’t work and have had to move out of my apartment.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I think whoever is advising them, is advising them wrong. I just want to get back to work. Like how do they expect and unemployed person to take care of themselves in a foreign country with no friend/family for months? I was almost homeless if not for help from a friend because I can’t work and have had to move out of my apartment.
The tough love message is that it's ultimately your responsibility to make sure you keep your work permit status valid and submit extensions on time.

Reactions: Copingwithlife

RyanKr

Apr 19, 2023
Wow, disgrace, I think it is a tactic to discourage applicants. Surely it can’t be that hard . What is a local Mp? And how was it able to get you in contact with the IRCC?
I have no idea but theyre so slow, its infuriating that they have taken this long to do jus one step of the process.

Contact your local member of parliament, email them asking if they can help with your application and they will contact IRCC on your behalf.

It might help slightly

RyanKr

Apr 19, 2023
The tough love message is that it's ultimately your responsibility to make sure you keep your work permit status valid and submit extensions on time.
Its amazing that you had the courage to write that as a response. Its not tough love, its an inhumane process.

You're embarrassing, how can you sit and write that this is the correct procedure, waiting for months and months as IRCC drag their feet processing applications

Ralloblack88

May 11, 2024
The need to be responsible is self explanatory and obligated for adults. However,an advanced 1st world country compounding and complicating an application process and leaving applicants completely and utterly in the dark/uncertain about ANYTHING does seem deliberately in place.

Put ur life on hold and Wait months to find out you are refused? Thats arguably a form of emotional torture/ abuse. The uncertain waiting is certain punishment. Myself and People would pay for answers/update. Nonetheless,I understand your comment and the reality of said hopelessness

Ralloblack88

May 11, 2024
I have no idea but theyre so slow, its infuriating that they have taken this long to do jus one step of the process.

Contact your local member of parliament, email them asking if they can help with your application and they will contact IRCC on your behalf.

It might help slightly
What other verification processes did they say are there for you to do after criminal check? I thought they were listed on your IRCC application checklist. Wasn’t background check the final item on check?