+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Restoration of Status

Longtooth

Sep 19, 2020
Hello, My closed work permit of 1 year expired on May 7th 2020, and I have been staying in Quebec with a visitor's record which will expire on Nov 7th 2020. Am I eligible to apply for an open work permit to restore my worker status again ? I have been exploring CIC information, and to me, it seems like due to Covid, the restoration time period has been extended to 30th of Dec 2020.

It would be a great help if you could guide me about this.
Thank you so much.

lostinquebec

Feb 8, 2019
Hello, My closed work permit of 1 year expired on May 7th 2020, and I have been staying in Quebec with a visitor's record which will expire on Nov 7th 2020. Am I eligible to apply for an open work permit to restore my worker status again ? I have been exploring CIC information, and to me, it seems like due to Covid, the restoration time period has been extended to 30th of Dec 2020.

It would be a great help if you could guide me about this.
Thank you so much.
You´re eligible to apply to restore your status for a closed WP, you cannot restore to a open WP you never had, which means you´d also need LMIA unless it´s exempted.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/restoration-extension-trv.html