+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RESTORATION of status

pmz85

Jul 19, 2018
Hi everyone,

I have a question and really need your help on that!

I had a student visa and just got my PGWP. My wife came with me to Canada as a visitor in 2017 and her status changed to OWP on that year (The visa in her passport was for 5 years as a visitor and will expire in Feb 2022), but the expiry date of her work permit (the paper one) was on Feb15,19.

we applied for the extension of her WP on this January, and yesterday (March7,19) we got the Refusal letter in CIC site regarding her application as my job was not in NOC O, A, or B!
The letter says she should consult the section ''Restoration of status'' in the application within 90 days.

My question is that;
can we apply to change her status to a VISITOR (regarding the visa on her passport) or this RESTORATION means she HAS TO apply for WP again?!

I would appreciate your help

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi everyone,

I have a question and really need your help on that!

I had a student visa and just got my PGWP. My wife came with me to Canada as a visitor in 2017 and her status changed to OWP on that year (The visa in her passport was for 5 years as a visitor and will expire in Feb 2022), but the expiry date of her work permit (the paper one) was on Feb15,19.

we applied for the extension of her WP on this January, and yesterday (March7,19) we got the Refusal letter in CIC site regarding her application as my job was not in NOC O, A, or B!
The letter says she should consult the section ''Restoration of status'' in the application within 90 days.

My question is that;
can we apply to change her status to a VISITOR (regarding the visa on her passport) or this RESTORATION means she HAS TO apply for WP again?!

I would appreciate your help
She can change her status to visitor - however she must also apply for restoration since she is now in Canada without status. The date on her visitor visa is irrelevant. This doesn't mean she can stay until 2022 legally - all that indicates is how long the TRV can be used to enter Canada. What matters is the date her OWP expired. She needs to apply for restoration to make her status in Canada legal again.

Reactions: pmz85

pmz85

Jul 19, 2018
Thanks a lot fot your reply,

As I got my PGWP and my son got a Visitor visa, is there more risks involved in my wife’s Visitor visa application or should it be a normal case for CIC?! (For Example, does she need to leave the country?!!)

Last edited: