Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/04/2012
AOR Received.
10/30/2012
IELTS Request
sent along with the application
Hi Seniors,

Can seniors explain to me a little of background of the Restoration of Status. I read on the CIC website but couldn't get a clear understanding regarding this.

Thank you in advance

uing :)

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
If you have allowed your work / student / visitor's permit to expire, you have 90 days in which you can fix your mistake by applying for "restoration" along with a applying for a new permit. After 90 days, you have no legal recourse.

Beyond that, without knowing the details behind your interest in restoration, there's not much else to say.

uing

Star Member
Jan 4, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/04/2012
AOR Received.
10/30/2012
IELTS Request
Thank you for the reply jes_on, basically my employer will not apply an LMO and i am in the process of CEC application, and my working permit is expiring. So i am just exploring options and finding another resource before thinking of just going back to my home country. Is the new work permit okay if i still work for the same company? or will it be open? and i also read from CIC website that this is become an offense in any ways. An explanation will be great. Thank you again jess_on

uing

uing

Star Member
Jan 4, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/04/2012
AOR Received.
10/30/2012
IELTS Request
Anybody have had experience applying for a restoration of status?

uing

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
uing said:
Thank you for the reply jes_on, basically my employer will not apply an LMO and i am in the process of CEC application, and my working permit is expiring. So i am just exploring options and finding another resource before thinking of just going back to my home country. Is the new work permit okay if i still work for the same company? or will it be open? and i also read from CIC website that this is become an offense in any ways. An explanation will be great. Thank you again jess_on

In most cases, to extend your work permit with the same company, you still need an LMO (with an LMO, it is a closed work permit). But you still haven't provided any information about the type of permit you currently hold.

It is much better to not let your status expire in the first place, than applying to restore status.

If you want to stay but cannot get the LMO, there is the option of applying to change conditions of your stay to Visitor's status. You will not be permitted to work, but you could stay here while your PR application is being processed. You need to apply BEFORE your current permit expires - if you wait until after it expires, then you will have to apply to restore status AND apply for the Visitor's permit. Costly.

Application to Extend Stay as a worker
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/extend-worker.asp

Application to Extend Stay as a Visitor
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/visitor.asp

RanjithP

Feb 20, 2012
uing said:
Anybody have had experience applying for a restoration of status?

uing
As Jes_ON suggested, try to avoid geting into restoration phase. It can take longer than normal WP extension and you'd be waiting without work during this phase. As per CIC call center it can take anywhere between normal WP extension times as listed in CIC website + 8 to 16 weeks on top.

If you can find a new employer and get them to apply for an LMO, it would be great. Good luck with that. Else you can extend your status as a visitor and wait for CEC processing to complete.

There is always an option of leaving Canada and then returning back once your PR is done.

uing

Star Member
Jan 4, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/04/2012
AOR Received.
10/30/2012
IELTS Request
I am on an implied status now, trying to restore my WP, i was on PGWP before, my company would not give me an LMO. It is very crucial for me at this point.

Should i apply to restore my status or just leave and wait.

Restoration of status cost about $200 plus a new WP $150.

Suggestion please

Thank you very much guys

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
If you can get a LMO before the 90 days are up, you can apply for restoration of status and new work permit. Failing that, there is the option to change status to visitor(you will not be permitted to work). If you have applied for CEC, you can return home and wait for the outcome of your application.