+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Restoration of status refused

Rohan3194

May 17, 2020
Hi..i applied for restoration of status and extension of study permit on the 90th day and it was received by them on the same date but today my application was refused saying that I applied after the 90 days ...I am really worried and I need any kind of advice as to what I should do next...

Richii

Apr 4, 2020
Canada
Category........
WP
Ohh no. This is so heart breaking. I have also applied for the restoration and PGWP. I am loosing hope now.

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
Always dangerous to apply at last minute like that because the systems are not real time, you can try calling them and make your case that it was not past 90 days.
If however you are past restoration there is nothing to do from Canada only a new application for SP can be done from outside, this might also impact PGWP even if you get new SP.

Reactions: scylla

Rohan3194

May 17, 2020
Hey bongoman thanks for your reply.. I talked to a lawyer he said that I could apply for a temporary resident visa...I just needed advice that is it a good way of getting my study permit back??

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hey bongoman thanks for your reply.. I talked to a lawyer he said that I could apply for a temporary resident visa...I just needed advice that is it a good way of getting my study permit back??
You can't apply for a TRV while in Canada illegally and TRVs don't grant status. You need to leave Canada and apply for a study permit. The longer you stay here illegally, the harder it will be to get an future approvals.

Addey12

Mar 5, 2020
Hi..i applied for restoration of status and extension of study permit on the 90th day and it was received by them on the same date but today my application was refused saying that I applied after the 90 days ...I am really worried and I need any kind of advice as to what I should do next...
Please can you advise what you did. Thanks

Yash1995

Apr 13, 2020
Why did you stretch it till the 90th day..you know they work online so it was all about uploading your documents for extension.. man I feel sorry for you