+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Restoration of Status Approved!

chadlf

Apr 9, 2018
I'm posting this to give hope to anyone out there who needs it; I have first hand experience to how stressful the immigration process can be.
My PGWP was close to expiration and decided to apply for PR through Experience Class but I made a very silly error on the application and it got refused, then my BOWP automatically got refused. I was given 90 days to restore my status. I was like a fish out of a bowl, lost and confused and thought I had to give up all my life in Canada and return home. I read TONS of articles online about restoration and it always seemed to be bad news, lots of people (even my immigration attorney) encouraged me to return home and submit a new application from there but I chose to restore my status to a visitor from within Canada and it got approved 2 weeks after submission. I had weighed all the pros and cons of submitting an application from within/outside Canada and concluded that moving forward from 'within' Canada made the most sense for my situation.

Just trying to say there may be hope even when you think there's none. Ask lots of questions, do ALOT of research, get professional help if you can afford it (to clear up my silly mistake I had to put up min $7,000 in lawyer and application fees). Like most people out there I was really stressed out about all this - - calm down peeps!!!

Disclaimer: I am not an immigration attorney. Everyone's situation may be different so different rules may apply.

Reactions: jesscj

Pomini

Mar 4, 2014
Your lawyers contact please. Need to know the chances of a citizen spouse sponsoring her husbands PR application after the husband has lost his PR status for not being able to meet the physical presence requirement.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Your lawyers contact please. Need to know the chances of a citizen spouse sponsoring her husbands PR application after the husband has lost his PR status for not being able to meet the physical presence requirement.
You don't need a lawyer. You can sponsor your husband again. He'd have to up his PR and then you could sponsor him again.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Was he not living with you?

chadlf

Apr 9, 2018
If you send me your information I can pass it on to him. Email me at chadfltc@gmail.com

gigoin

Mar 25, 2013
Mumbai
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-03-2013
AOR Received.
03-05-2013
File Transfer...
25-09-2015
There is silly mistake on my medical form IMM1017 - Year of Birth of spouse is incorrect.

We did a medical in Feb-2017 and application did not proceed further. I sent them a photocopy of spouse passport for date of birth correction in Feb-2017 and in Nov-2017.

We got a request again in May-2018 today and it has same error.

What should I be doing ?

BT919

Mar 27, 2018
I'm posting this to give hope to anyone out there who needs it; I have first hand experience to how stressful the immigration process can be.
My PGWP was close to expiration and decided to apply for PR through Experience Class but I made a very silly error on the application and it got refused, then my BOWP automatically got refused. I was given 90 days to restore my status. I was like a fish out of a bowl, lost and confused and thought I had to give up all my life in Canada and return home. I read TONS of articles online about restoration and it always seemed to be bad news, lots of people (even my immigration attorney) encouraged me to return home and submit a new application from there but I chose to restore my status to a visitor from within Canada and it got approved 2 weeks after submission. I had weighed all the pros and cons of submitting an application from within/outside Canada and concluded that moving forward from 'within' Canada made the most sense for my situation.

Just trying to say there may be hope even when you think there's none. Ask lots of questions, do ALOT of research, get professional help if you can afford it (to clear up my silly mistake I had to put up min $7,000 in lawyer and application fees). Like most people out there I was really stressed out about all this - - calm down peeps!!!

Disclaimer: I am not an immigration attorney. Everyone's situation may be different so different rules may apply.
Did you apply online? I think I made a silly mistake too on my work permit extension.

BT919

Mar 27, 2018

We are on the same boat. Because of of a silly error. Did you apply online?

chadlf

Apr 9, 2018
We are on the same boat. Because of of a silly error. Did you apply online?
Yes I did apply online. I was advised to leave Canada and apply at an embassy but chose not to and it all worked out. I’ve also heard restoration visas are very difficult to get

SweetNote

Jul 28, 2016

Can you please state the documents you submitted for the restoration of your visitors visa, I'm in the same boat and it will be helpful. Thanks much

chadlf

Apr 9, 2018
Can you please state the documents you submitted for the restoration of your visitors visa, I'm in the same boat and it will be helpful. Thanks much
Documents I submitted:

--Itinerary: things I planned to do when my status got restored
--insurance: to show im covered for medical emergencies as I wont be working (I think this went a very long way to help my application)
--living receipts (optional): I paid my rent, car insurance and other bills for a couple months in advance and sent them the receipts
--proof of finances: I think they're looking for at least 2k per month; I sent a bank statement for 10k+, plus additional proof of finances and property ownership from my home country
--letter of explanation: explained the situation, why/what happened and why I'd like to remain in Canada

Don't rush your application, ensure you do lots of research before you submit.

SweetNote

Jul 28, 2016
Documents I submitted:

--insurance: to show im covered for medical emergencies as I wont be working (I think this went a very long way to help my application)
--living receipts (optional): I paid my rent, car insurance and other bills for a couple months in advance and sent them the receipts
--proof of finances: I think they're looking for at least 2k per month; I sent a bank statement for 10k+, plus additional proof of finances and property ownership from my home country
--letter of explanation: explained the situation, why/what happened and why I'd like to remain in Canada

Thanks a lot!

newUser111

Jul 30, 2018
Documents I submitted:

Hi There,
Your post is really encouraging to people like me who is losing hope and in a depressing situation. I hope you could help me out in my situation with your valuable input.
I am a spouse of a student who is now a worker. My spouse's post graduate wp and my OWP applications were submitted at the same time. Her PGWP applucation got approved but my WP extension got refused with a reason being not able to satifsy that my wife's and my job falls under aporopriate skilled category.
I need to restore my status now and I am planning to do it as a visitor. Fyi i worked full time fr a year.
I am really confused what purpose i should give to stay here.
We are also planning to submit our PR application soon. Should we do that first and then give this reason to stay as PR in process.
I am really worried that if my file is refused i have to leave the country, my wife. I have no one back home. I eould be really thankful if you could help me with my application if status restoration.
Thanks!