+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Restoration of spouse OWP

Eyecandy

Nov 6, 2019
Hi Everyone,

I applied for extension of my spouse open work permit along with post graduate work permit on June 1st, 2019. I got my post graduate work permit approved on 17th September, but spouse OWP got refused. They gave time to apply for restoration. Re-applied for restoration of spouse OWP on 1st October 2019. Any idea how many days or months it takes to restore the status?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi Everyone,

I applied for extension of my spouse open work permit along with post graduate work permit on June 1st, 2019. I got my post graduate work permit approved on 17th September, but spouse OWP got refused. They gave time to apply for restoration. Re-applied for restoration of spouse OWP on 1st October 2019. Any idea how many days or months it takes to restore the status?
There is no set time for Restoration apps. Do you include proof of a skilled job with 3 payslips?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Yes I included a full time skilled job with 1 paystub.
The requirement is 3 payslips, so she may be refused because you only included one. If she is refused and it is more than 90 days since her previous status expired, her only option will be to leave Canada.

Sweetmother

Star Member
Sep 30, 2019
Yes I included a full time skilled job with 1 paystub.
Please just try add 2 more paystubs through web form before decision is made on the application. If you have them add it or if you get them later before decision is made on the application so you can have a rest of mind of approval.

Eyecandy

Nov 6, 2019
Please just try add 2 more paystubs through web form before decision is made on the application. If you have them add it or if you get them later before decision is made on the application so you can have a rest of mind of approval.
Yes I raised the web form and attached another 2 payslips 25 days back.

Arifulislam

Feb 15, 2022
There is no set time for Restoration apps. Do you include proof of a skilled job with 3 payslips?
I'm in a similar situation; I got my PGWP, but my spouse's OWP was refused despite the fact that I submitted three salary stubs. they said they were unhappy with my employment at the time, but I've since found another NOC B job; I'll apply again; I have a query about the IMM5710 form at the beginning:

**I am applying for one or more of the following:
I selected: Apply for a work permit with the same employer.
and restore my status as a worker.

Question: Canada is the current country of residence; then what will be the status and dates?

What was your fee just to make sure that I am on the right application?

The answers will be of great assistance to me.

Thanks in advance.