+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Restoration as a student- Please help ASAP

savya21

May 22, 2015
My post grad work permit of 3 years was expired in Dec 2014 and I am under restoration from march 2015. My restoration application is approved and got study permit valid till July 2016. Now I have to go for study from september intake but meanwhile I am hoping positive LMIA in couple of weeks. So I am wondering that I must have to start study ( As they restore my status as student) or I can transfer my admission into January 2016 Intake. The reason is if I will receive positive LMIA then I do not wanna go for study but If I continue to study from sept 2015 then I have to pay whole semester fees. Please advice ASAP. I must have to start study from september 2015 in ordeo stay in Canada or I can transfer to Jan 2016 just to save some money. If going to receive LMIA then not going to start study. Please help me out ASAP.Thanks in advance.

kkloveit

Star Member
Jul 10, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You should have changed your status to a visitor instead. With a student status, you have to study for that duration. Failure to do so will convince CIC that you are not genuine and future application may be denied. I've seen people getting into trouble by taking a long holiday, let alone not attending school at all.

ceagull

Aug 27, 2015
Hello

I have a similar problem so I will write it here, I hope you don`t mind (I couldn`t find the option to open a new topic, I`m sorry) :p.

I came to Canada to study a Graduate certificate in biotech, which is a 4 months long program. I applied for a CAQ and a Study permit, even though I didn`t need them, because I want to keep studying a master in biotech after this short program. The problem is that the certificate ends in december and the master only has september intake. Would it be a problem to be here from january to augustwithout studying?

Regards

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
ceagull said:
Hello

I have a similar problem so I will write it here, I hope you don`t mind (I couldn`t find the option to open a new topic, I`m sorry) :p.

I came to Canada to study a Graduate certificate in biotech, which is a 4 months long program. I applied for a CAQ and a Study permit, even though I didn`t need them, because I want to keep studying a master in biotech after this short program. The problem is that the certificate ends in december and the master only has september intake. Would it be a problem to be here from january to augustwithout studying?

Regards
Yes - it will be a problem. Your study permit is going to be automatically canceled once you have been out of school for more than 90 days.