+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Restauration of status denied - Help please

Carter15

Nov 28, 2019
Hello,

I am currently in Montreal. I have a valid CSQ and applied for PR a year ago. My most recent work permit expired on May 31st and I applied for a work permit extension online on April 1st. But I got refused on July 25th as I submitted the wrong LMIA number. So with the help of an immigration lawyer I applied to restaure my worker status on August 12 explaining the mistake I made but on November 27 I received another refusal letter:

-----
This letter refers to your application for a Restoration of Temporary Resident Status and a Work
Permit.
Based on your application and accompanying documentation that you have provided, I have
carefully considered all information and I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of the
Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and Regulations. Your application as requested is
therefore refused.
A visitor, worker or student who loses temporary resident status for failure to comply with the
following conditions imposed under:
 paragraph 185(a),
 any of subparagraphs 185(b)(i) to (iii), or
 paragraph 185(c)
may be eligible for restoration of temporary resident status if an application is submitted within
90 days after loss of status and if following examination it is established that the applicant meets
the initial requirements for their stay and has complied with any other conditions imposed. In
your case, your application for a work permit is refused; therefore you are not eligible to have
your temporary resident status restored.
Since you no longer hold temporary resident status in Canada your application for a work permit
is also refused.
As a foreign national in Canada you are not eligible to apply for a document of this type as you
have failed to meet the eligibility requirements for an Exemption from Labour Market Impact
Assessment under the A75 exemption because you do not have a valid work permit.
-----

What should I do please? This happend after I moved in with my gf. Is there a solution to fix my situation without having to leave the country?

Thank you.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
You’re out of status. Assuming you have not met the common law requirements, you have no option but to leave Canada within a reasonable time.

Reactions: Carter15

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
A "reasonable time" is no more than 30 days after receiving the refusal letter.

Carter15

Nov 28, 2019
My employer is still offering me the job and I don't know what type of work permit I should apply for if I am going to go back home (Tunisia)
My csq is still valid till february 2021 and I already applied for PR?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
My employer is still offering me the job and I don't know what type of work permit I should apply for if I am going to go back home (Tunisia)
My csq is still valid till february 2021 and I already applied for PR?
You will have to apply for closed work permit. You could apply for it from Tunisia. If you remain in Canada during the process you will be in Canada without status which is not a good idea and will cause you problems.