+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Response to Procedural Fairness Letter ???

Slyar

Star Member
Aug 30, 2020
How long does IRCC take to process applications with PFL letters? We received a PRL letter but it was a mistake on their end. it's going to be a year but no update on the application. Any one else in the same boat?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
How long does IRCC take to process applications with PFL letters? We received a PRL letter but it was a mistake on their end. it's going to be a year but no update on the application. Any one else in the same boat?
There are no timelines. IRCC will take as long as they want. What does your lawyer say? What was the reason?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
USA refusal, but we don't have any.. its their error
So you both received PFL for not stating a US refusal that you have never applied for? Don’t know,your ages but always good to ask parents about any visas they applied for when you are minors.

Slyar

Star Member
Aug 30, 2020
So you both received PFL for not stating a US refusal that you have never applied for? Don’t know,your ages but always good to ask parents about any visas they applied for when you are minors.
No no I am already in Canada. He is in India and he received the PFL. No refusal, he has a USA stamp on his passport already :)

June2022

Jun 25, 2022
So he received a US visa on his first application.
Hi,
Same case happened with me.
I applied for work permit in last year may 2021,i recd pfl from visa officer stating that i had not disclosed us visa refusal in my profile.truth is i was never got refusal for us visa and in one go i had recd u.s.visa..so definitely i had mentioned no to the question of have u ever refusal for us visa...i have replied my answer to visa officer.
Any one aware how long it would take to reply them.its frustrating to get pfl which is not true..
How long i would have to wait.any one have experienced this???

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi,
Same case happened with me.
I applied for work permit in last year may 2021,i recd pfl from visa officer stating that i had not disclosed us visa refusal in my profile.truth is i was never got refusal for us visa and in one go i had recd u.s.visa..so definitely i had mentioned no to the question of have u ever refusal for us visa...i have replied my answer to visa officer.
Any one aware how long it would take to reply them.its frustrating to get pfl which is not true..
How long i would have to wait.any one have experienced this???
Typically it takes a number of months to hear back.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Would you mind sharing how many months it can take if u have experienced? Our application is true@ our end.stil have to face it.is there any way to speed up the pocess?
There is no way to speed up the application.

I've seen processing times of anywhere from a few weeks to over a year. It's very hard to predict how long you may be waiting.

Rick.111

May 28, 2023
I got PFL under section 16(1) that states
My spouse has been arrested on more than one occasion which is untrue. what could be the reason? Can my spouses data be mismatched with someone? Moreover before this they have also asked for USA pcc which wasn’t required because we haven’t been to USA or haven’t applied for USA visa ever. Still we have provided them the same because we haven’t received their reply when we sent them the letter of explanation through webform..

Kaibigan

Dec 27, 2020
I got PFL under section 16(1) that states
My spouse has been arrested on more than one occasion which is untrue. what could be the reason? Can my spouses data be mismatched with someone? Moreover before this they have also asked for USA pcc which wasn’t required because we haven’t been to USA or haven’t applied for USA visa ever. Still we have provided them the same because we haven’t received their reply when we sent them the letter of explanation through webform..
Why are you bringing that up in this thread? You stated your PFL concerns in a post on May 28. You received many responses and the clear advice was to get legal assistance. Since then, you have repackaged and re-posted your query more than once. What is the point?

I hope you are getting on with addressing the substance of the PFL with the help of an appropriately qualified attorney. Your continuing to to ask here is unhelpful and has been overtaken by the law of diminishing returns. No more here can be said that will be of better value right now than working with the lawyer you say you have retained. You do not have unlimited time in which to address the PFL.

Last edited:

Musthy

Jun 13, 2023
Hi guys,
I have question
Please on STUDY PERMIT,
-
-WHY GAVE 7 DAYS TO REPLY PFL CASE OF FRAUDULENCE BANK STATEMENT INSTEAD OF THE USUAL 30 DAYS? OR IS IT THAT THE CASE IS DIFFERENT?
AFTER SUBMISSION, WHEN IS IT LIKELY TO REPLY?
-WHY IS THE APPLICATION NOT TRACKING ON IRCC AFTER RECEIVING THE PFL?

ALREADY APPLIED FOR A VISITING VISA WITH FAMILY FOR ALMOST A YEAR BEFORE APPLYING FOR THE STUDY PERMIT, WILL PFL DECISION ON SUTDY PERMIT AFFECT THE VISITING?
WILL THE PFL DECISION ALSO AFFECT THE FAMILY MEMBER THAT WAS INCLUDED IN VISITING APPLICATION TOO?
please help.

Last edited:

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi guys,
I have question
Please on STUDY PERMIT,
-
-WHY GAVE 7 DAYS TO REPLY PFL CASE OF FRAUDULENCE BANK STATEMENT INSTEAD OF THE USUAL 30 DAYS? OR IS IT THAT THE CASE IS DIFFERENT?
AFTER SUBMISSION, WHEN IS IT LIKELY TO REPLY?
-WHY IS THE APPLICATION NOT TRACKING ON IRCC AFTER RECEIVING THE PFL?

ALREADY APPLIED FOR A VISITING VISA WITH FAMILY FOR ALMOST A YEAR BEFORE APPLYING FOR THE STUDY PERMIT, WILL PFL DECISION ON SUTDY PERMIT AFFECT THE VISITING?
WILL THE PFL DECISION ALSO AFFECT THE FAMILY MEMBER THAT WAS INCLUDED IN VISITING APPLICATION TOO?
please help.
Please don’t yell.

IRCC can decide any timeline for PFL. Sometimes it is 15. A PFL is not an application, so not sure what it would be traced.

Yes, it can impact your TRV. If you are banned from Canada, that is for all visas. Yes, it can impact family members if they used the same documents.

Reactions: Taran D