+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Residents of GCC countries - Question for you !

sqfit

Jan 16, 2020
After waiting for 30 days, I am informed my GCMS notes will take another 30 days. I have a strong feeling this VO had randomly rejected me and not made any notes so seeing that I requested for one must now be making something up. I don't see any other reason why it will take 60 days for someone to download a PDF file, attach to email and click send. There is simply no way it can take that long. Anyone who can explain why these notes can take this long as I simply am exhausted trying to reason anything that goes on with IRCC anymore.
I won’t put it past them but I did read in groups yesterday that a lot of them have been told GCMS will be taking 2 months for now as they have a lot of workload.

Shaild

Oct 17, 2019
I won’t put it past them but I did read in groups yesterday that a lot of them have been told GCMS will be taking 2 months for now as they have a lot of workload.
This is what I'm trying to understand. GCMS notes are documents which exist in system. In a traditional setup you would download and forward which should be matter of minutes. I fail to understand why this simple process takes them 2 months. I get it they are overall slow but this is just too much.

Shaild

Oct 17, 2019
Filing from home country is really a bonus for even the weakest cases. My friend who had uncountable backlogs in his bachelors resigned from his job in KSA and went to India to do this. He did this as a do or die and in his second application, he nailed it. There is a risk in doing by leaving your job but the chances will increase greatly in getting SP approved.
If you search through this forum people are already doing this from Philippines with high success ratio. They don't resign, they even mention on their SOP that they are working in UAE. Leaving your job is simply way to risky especially in these times.

Reactions: rogerdude1

sqfit

Jan 16, 2020
This is what I'm trying to understand. GCMS notes are documents which exist in system. In a traditional setup you would download and forward which should be matter of minutes. I fail to understand why this simple process takes them 2 months. I get it they are overall slow but this is just too much.
Have we completely written off the fact that maybe they really are just 10-20 people going “yes to this” “no to that” kinda thing?
JK. :D
But really you can’t do anything BUT wait. My college refund will take 3 weeks and can’t apply for visa without showing all that money. Imagine the amount of time we are all losing. I wish the VOs spent a little more time on sifting through genuine applications, it would change our entire life quite literally.

Shaild

Oct 17, 2019
Have we completely written off the fact that maybe they really are just 10-20 people going “yes to this” “no to that” kinda thing?
JK. :D
But really you can’t do anything BUT wait. My college refund will take 3 weeks and can’t apply for visa without showing all that money. Imagine the amount of time we are all losing. I wish the VOs spent a little more time on sifting through genuine applications, it would change our entire life quite literally.
Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if that is true. Going by the rejection reasons being so random for me I want to believe that's how they work. ;-)

I swear, all people are asking them to do is do their job properly. I can tell you now if there were to be an independent audit on AUH office, everyone there might get fired for such sloppy work.

sqfit

Jan 16, 2020
Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if that is true. Going by the rejection reasons being so random for me I want to believe that's how they work. ;-)

I swear, all people are asking them to do is do their job properly. I can tell you now if there were to be an independent audit on AUH office, everyone there might get fired for such sloppy work.
I’d bet that too because even though I clarified and changed so many things in my second application. The GCMS notes and the reasons for refusal were a copy paste of each other. You would think there would be some changes. None. No acknowledgement of new SOP, zilch!

FahadSINP

Star Member
Aug 22, 2020
If you search through this forum people are already doing this from Philippines with high success ratio. They don't resign, they even mention on their SOP that they are working in UAE. Leaving your job is simply way to risky especially in these times.
Agreed totally!

My friend's officemate in KSA did the application for his wife (age 42) @ Seneca college. Got SP in the first attempt. Guess was it was filed from the Philippines.

When I first heard this without knowing anything about Canada SP and AUH office things, I just ignored this fact. But now I can say it makes sense.

FahadSINP

Star Member
Aug 22, 2020

I was shocked to see strong profiles neglected by them. They literally don't see anything,

If this is already decided why don't they keep a cap saying non-residents won't get approved.

Shaild

Oct 17, 2019
Agreed totally!

My friend's officemate in KSA did the application for his wife (age 42) @ Seneca college. Got SP in the first attempt. Guess was it was filed from the Philippines.

When I first heard this without knowing anything about Canada SP and AUH office things, I just ignored this fact. But now I can say it makes sense.
Philippines has one of the highest success rates especially with mature candidates. I guess the VO there is experienced to separate good from bad. We need that kind of officers here in middle east and existing person fired for sure.

Saurabh29

Star Member
Jan 9, 2021
Bahrain
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Hello Everyone .. I got my first refusal from Abu Dhabi .. Has anyone reapplied through SDS either PH way or by traveling to home country temporarily. I have got approval from my company to work from India until December .. Can I apply under SDS while I am in India and still working for company in Bahrain ? My biometrics and medical are from Bahrain .. Please help !

Cjey7

Mar 4, 2021
I applied for a study visa online from Qatar, completed biometrics in Qatar. Despite having a strong case, My application was refused. There is a strong believe among gcc residents that VO hardly ever accepts application for non citizens based on ties to home country.

Question 1. Now that I got a refusal and have returned back to home country KE, will my reapplication be still processed in Gcc because biometrics were done there?

Question 2. On my reapplication, can I specifically chose where my reapplication can be processed?

Question 3. In case i reapply, and I'm not sure whether which VO is processing my application, does changing my address on webform now make them transfer my case from gcc to home country?

MPH.UOFA

Star Member
May 6, 2023
I applied for a study visa online from Qatar, completed biometrics in Qatar. Despite having a strong case, My application was refused. There is a strong believe among gcc residents that VO hardly ever accepts application for non citizens based on ties to home country.

Question 1. Now that I got a refusal and have returned back to home country KE, will my reapplication be still processed in Gcc because biometrics were done there?

Question 2. On my reapplication, can I specifically chose where my reapplication can be processed?

Question 3. In case i reapply, and I'm not sure whether which VO is processing my application, does changing my address on webform now make them transfer my case from gcc to home country?
Kindly share your timeline, when you applied and when was it refused ? I applied from Qatar as well.

MPH.UOFA

Star Member
May 6, 2023

1- No. your new application will be processed from
where you currently are which is your home country.

2- No. you cannot choose, you have to mention where you are at currently and it will choose the designated visa office.

3- you dont choose the visa office, it is choosen automatically based on where you are applying from and you can actually check on the IRCC website, look up your home country and it will show the designated VO.

Cjey7

Mar 4, 2021
Kindly share your timeline, when you applied and when was it refused ? I applied from Qatar as well.
At the moment study visa are processed pretty quick, when you check waiting time online it says 6weeks. Surprisingly, mine only took 15 days including biometrics, after biometrics was approved it only took 10 days,

MPH.UOFA

Star Member
May 6, 2023
At the moment study visa are processed pretty quick, when you check waiting time online it says 6weeks. Surprisingly, mine only took 15 days including biometrics, after biometrics was approved it only took 10 days,
i am currently on my 8th week after lodging my application for study permit from Qatar, received my medical request from IRCC pretty quick, medical passed, eligibilty passed as well.