+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Residenship Profile - Experience

canadakz

Jul 28, 2018
Hi Everyone,

Just wondering if somebody experienced. I have worked in Iraq (oil industry) and I am going to mention that in the profile. However, I am worried that this experience might lead to security checks for several months or years.
So my questions are:
1. Should I provide Letter of Explanation with my visa attached and Contract to explain that this was solely professional experience, meaning my experience will not be a risk to Canada, whatsoever.

2. I have heard LOE can be attached somewhere, what stage is it, when do I get an option to attach documents ?

Many thx

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Hi Everyone,

Just wondering if somebody experienced. I have worked in Iraq (oil industry) and I am going to mention that in the profile. However, I am worried that this experience might lead to security checks for several months or years.
So my questions are:
1. Should I provide Letter of Explanation with my visa attached and Contract to explain that this was solely professional experience, meaning my experience will not be a risk to Canada, whatsoever.

2. I have heard LOE can be attached somewhere, what stage is it, when do I get an option to attach documents ?

Many thx
When was this experience gained? Was it within the last 10 yrs or so ?

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
5 years ago, I started from UAE and then relocated to Iraq
Ok, so your stay in Iraq will need to be mentioned in personal history, travel history and most likely you may be required to provide a PCC(if you have stayed for 6+ months in that country).

For foreign work experience maximum points that you can claim is for a work experience of 3yr in the last 10 yr.

canadakz

Jul 28, 2018
Thanks for the response.
I plan to mentioned this experience.
Still my question is should I attach LOE with visa and contract so that I do not impose security risk to Canada? and where should I attach?

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Thanks for the response.
I plan to mentioned this experience.
Still my question is should I attach LOE with visa and contract so that I do not impose security risk to Canada? and where should I attach?
No need for any explanation or any LoE.

If you think rationally do you think with a self declaration about your work in Iraq will really make the authorities trust you? If you have already provided he information that they need to see, I don’t think you should add any further documentation just to prove to auhtborites about your time in Iraq was not a security risk.

Not everyone goes through SS tbh. Let me share an example of a person that I knew from my days in UAE. This guy was a Egyptian national, lived in between UAE, Saudi and Egypt and had travelled extensively within the region.

He got his PR application approved in 21 days...
So don’t worry imho and relax

Last edited: