+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Residency proof of a period happened in Dec. 2010 and Jan 2011

amrfekry

Jan 28, 2016
I have submitted my citizenship application recently. My residency calculation includes 39 days happened in December 2010 and January 2011 when I did my first landing. I left Canada at that time and came back in September 2012 stayed continuously. I don't have any proof for my residency during the very beginning 39 days except; I applied for PR in the airport, opened a bank account (without any interactions) and applied for SIN card. I am worried if CIC asked me to provide more evidences (which I don't have) of my residency during this very beginning period. So, what can I do then? .. Thanks

Fochi

Star Member
Oct 3, 2016
It's better not to worry before CIC asking for evidence. :) may be will not ask about and if they ask try to find evidence for example: where were you live? rent contract or hotel bill. do you have any card include your address during that period? visited a hospital or clinic? applied personally for anything like interview or a meeting with government office? attended a training course anywhere?

More importantly, CIC will check your passport seals and will see if you left Canada during this period, or not?
You may also asked to report the entry and exit of any country where you had a residence during that period?

nope

Oct 3, 2015
amrfekry said:
I have submitted my citizenship application recently. My residency calculation includes 39 days happened in December 2010 and January 2011 when I did my first landing. I left Canada at that time and came back in September 2012 stayed continuously. I don't have any proof for my residency during the very beginning 39 days except; I applied for PR in the airport, opened a bank account (without any interactions) and applied for SIN card. I am worried if CIC asked me to provide more evidences (which I don't have) of my residency during this very beginning period. So, what can I do then? .. Thanks
Well, if those things (bank account and SIN card) were stretched out over a few day, that's some evidence. Other than that, no evidence of where you stayed, no money used at all, no job applications? How about emails or resumes sent or submitted by email that would be date-stamped?

Coffee1981

Star Member
Jun 29, 2016
If you're really, really concerned about it, wait 40 days longer to file your application than you expected to. That way it will be out of the equation for consideration of your residence period. It's only an extra month or so, but if it avoids a ton of questions and speeds up your processing time because they wouldn't ask for any extra documents, then maybe it's worth it.