+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Residency Obligation

vijay_sam

Star Member
Mar 10, 2009
Hi all,

I have come into Canada with an expired PR Card and was not able to get SIN. I will be completing my residency obligation in 15 days. As I do not have SIN, I do not have work or Tax history. What are the documents I need to submit? I have registered a Car, recently got health cards, have a bank account and my son went to school here. Did anyone faced this scenario or any suggestions you have for me? Please advise,

Thanks
Vijay

contactniraj

Jul 13, 2020
Hi @vijay_sam, can you please guide which border crossing you went with expired card? I am in similar situation (PR card expired) so it will be helpful if you can guide which border crossing you went to and what were the questions they asked when you entered.

vijay_sam

Star Member
Mar 10, 2009
Lewiston Queenston bridge. they asked why I did not come and I told my personal reasons. Then the officer also told me to come back again after 3 months and he asked a lot of questions, all of them were again reasons for not coming earlier and coming now. So please be prepared for why you did not come before and why you want to come now. If you have any ties with Canada, please show them like relations or others.