+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

residency obligation failed-to appeal to IAD

biljana

Nov 26, 2011
my family (husband and two children)and I have not met residency days obligation due to personal reasons. visa office refused to give us a travel document. we want to make an appeal to IAD. Any advice what to do, what evidence would be satisfying?
really personal reasons, my father's illness, tumor operation, then inheritance procedures.
we want to go back next summer to start university courses there my daughter undergraduate and post graduate for me and finally start our new life in canada...
please any suggestions???

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

biljana said:
my family (husband and two children)and I have not met residency days obligation due to personal reasons. visa office refused to give us a travel document. we want to make an appeal to IAD. Any advice what to do, what evidence would be satisfying?
really personal reasons, my father's illness, tumor operation, then inheritance procedures.
we want to go back next summer to start university courses there my daughter undergraduate and post graduate for me and finally start our new life in canada...
please any suggestions???
The overseas office that refused your TD application should have given you instructions on how to submit an appeal to the Immigration Appeal Board. You have to file within the notice within 60 days.
Start reading here regarding the process: http://tinyurl.com/7s6xwng

Sep 4, 2012
hello.. was intersted in reading about th appeal process.. but th link u mentioned seems to be down.. can u provide th updated link?
thx

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

canadiansquire said:
hello.. was intersted in reading about th appeal process.. but th link u mentioned seems to be down.. can u provide th updated link?
thx
It is now http://www.irb-cisr.gc.ca/Eng/BoaCom/references/procedures/Pages/ProcessResObl.aspx

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Depends on the hearing office.....as a rough estimate wait times mirror citizenship processing with faster times in Ontario, Slower in Quebec, Real Slow in Prairies/ BC, Snail pace Atlantic Canada.

Sep 4, 2012
thanks for ur reply!
my wife and i are entering canada just before our pr cards expire.
my question is this..
shud we take our h&c letters/documents now or prepare them if and only if we do get reported?
i read somewhere h&c cases cannot be applied for in advance..u can only put ur case once u hv been asked about ur RO.. does this mean th letters /dox etc shud be dated AFTER the reporting date?
hope this is clear

rgds

nikisinhup

Aug 22, 2009
USA
Visa Office......
Buffalo
App. Filed.......
Mar 2009
Doc's Request.
Feb 2010
Nomination.....
APR 2010
AOR Received.
Mar 2011
Hey Canadianaquire, just curious what your & wife's experience was n returning back to Canada? Thanks!