+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Residency in Canada

Dr Mylo

Jul 11, 2020
Hello everyone I am Dr Maryam Shahwani.I have done my mbbs (5 years ) from Pakistan . I am doing residency in internal medicine.completed 1 year in that and now preparing ielts.what points I will have and what are my chances to get work in canada as resident.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello everyone I am Dr Maryam Shahwani.I have done my mbbs (5 years ) from Pakistan . I am doing residency in internal medicine.completed 1 year in that and now preparing ielts.what points I will have and what are my chances to get work in canada as resident.
You will have to write and pass the licensing exams and then compete for the leftover residency spots after Canadian students have selected their resudencies. There are not a lot of spots left especially in some specialties so it will depend on how many spots are left and how many are conpeting for them. If you want tk continue practicing medicine Canada is not the best country to immigrate to. There are many IMGs that never get a resudency spot and either move out of Canada or start another career.