+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Residence Questionnaire feedback

QAI

Apr 12, 2008
Following is my timeline
Citizenship
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on August 27, 2012.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on August 27, 2012. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on February 6, 2013.

--

They sent me a residence questionnaire sometime in may and received it on June 2nd. The file is now with St Claire Office Toronto. I am debating whether I should just cancel the application and re-apply. I think I put incorrect dates on my application the first time and thats why they sent me the RQ in the first place. I have waaay more than required days left for physical presence.

Has anyone cancelled an application due to receiving a residence questionnaire and re applied?

I am also of the opinion that waiting for RQ receivers is pretty much invain as the call center reps will simply not entertain the caller knowing the application is within processing timeline, for RQ receiver's it can take up to 1-4 years.

I like some input from guys who received RQ and cancelled and then reapplied.

Thanks

YYZguy416

Star Member
Apr 29, 2013
If you cancel your application after receiving an RQ, then it is very likely that you will receive an RQ again when you apply the second time, because it would look very suspicious to them. I would definitely proceed with the current RQ.

QAI said:
Following is my timeline
Citizenship
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on August 27, 2012.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on August 27, 2012. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

--

They sent me a residence questionnaire sometime in may and received it on June 2nd. The file is now with St Claire Office Toronto. I am debating whether I should just cancel the application and re-apply. I think I put incorrect dates on my application the first time and thats why they sent me the RQ in the first place. I have waaay more than required days left for physical presence.

Has anyone cancelled an application due to receiving a residence questionnaire and re applied?

I am also of the opinion that waiting for RQ receivers is pretty much invain as the call center reps will simply not entertain the caller knowing the application is within processing timeline, for RQ receiver's it can take up to 1-4 years.

Thanks

EasyRider

Oct 12, 2008
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ditto. Withdrawing application in your case will become an automatic trigger for RQ when you'll apply next time.

QAI

Apr 12, 2008
What makes you guys so sure about this? have you heard from anyone getting an RQ second time?

On the side note, I am thinking of ordering ATIP for my file. It might have useful information.

EasyRider

Oct 12, 2008
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Withdrawn application is one of automatic RQ indicators released through ATIP.

"A3 – Previous citizenship applications which were not approved, withdrawn, abandoned, renounced or revoked."

See list of indicators, for example, here: http://residencequestionnaire.wordpress.com/rq-risk-indicators/

There were more discussions on how it was interpreted by CIC and to which withdrawn application applied, but, in short, your case is there.

There's always a chance that some indicators and policies related to their application will be updated by a time of your 2nd application, but, generally, you should not count on not receiving RQ applying next time.

QAI

Apr 12, 2008
Ok that is interesting information, I didnt know they released a list of rq indicators. Lastly, can ATIP show RQ information?

EasyRider

Oct 12, 2008
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It may, but not necessarily. Check out this thread: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/if-i-order-atip-i-can-get-details-regarding-my-rq-t170025.0.html

It's better to order electronic and physical files.

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
QAI said:
....... I think I put incorrect dates on my application the first time and thats why they sent me the RQ in the first place. I have waaay more than required days left for physical presence.....
1. How have you come up with this line of thinking? Did you re-check your travel dates?
2. How many days are different between submitted and the new dates?
3. Does the difference affect the 1095 days of physical presence?
4. Did you for the 1095 days work full time for a reputable/ major/ well known Canadian Company?

QAI

Apr 12, 2008
well while i was in winnipeg, i moved too many addresses. my travel dates are correct but the landing date when i first came to canada was off by like a week or so. I had forgotten to sign the app the first time so they sent it back, that is how i discovered the incorrect dates but I fixed them and resent the application.
4. yup I was employed most of the time, except one year when i moved to ontario from winnipeg that is one I was make some travel plans.
I want to work in the USA and thats the only reason why im anxious to get my citizenship sooner :(

jsamiraziz

Aug 20, 2013
QAI said:
Following is my timeline
Citizenship

--

Thanks
If you cannot prove 1095 days in the last 4 years because of presence, then withdraw your application. The possibility that you get an RQ or not the next time you apply is irrelevant. No matter what you do with this application, it will be very difficult to prove presence. Once you complete your 1095 days, the process should be easier even if you do get an RQ.

QAI

Apr 12, 2008
My gut is telling me to re apply. I have atleast 2 months on top of the 1095 days of presence. I think its more so because of the number of times I moved around in Winnipeg and the gaps I had in employment/residences. For some reason I feel, I wont get the RQ the next time I apply. But having said that, I am curious to see what the ATIP say. I'll give it another month or so to be fair, because many got their test dates within 6months after sending RQ.