+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Residence calculator

low

Star Member
Dec 31, 2009
Hi

I have a question about the residence calculator and wld appreciate some advice :

I had a stopover for 5 days in USA while on transit back to my home country. I stayed for about 1 year in my home country before coming back to Canada for good. Should I include the 5 days in USA under the list of absence from Canada? Or, should I just indicate my home country for the entire 1 year + 5 days?

Upon my return to Canada, I transited via LAX and stayed for a night before continuing with my journey back to Canada. Should I include that 1 night stay in LAX which is essentially a transit sleepover under the list of absence from canada? Both times, there were entry stamps into USA on my passport.

Appreciate your input..thanks

goodman36

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
low said:
Hi

I have a question about the residence calculator and wld appreciate some advice :

I had a stopover for 5 days in USA while on transit back to my home country. I stayed for about 1 year in my home country before coming back to Canada for good. Should I include the 5 days in USA under the list of absence from Canada? Or, should I just indicate my home country for the entire 1 year + 5 days?

Upon my return to Canada, I transited via LAX and stayed for a night before continuing with my journey back to Canada. Should I include that 1 night stay in LAX which is essentially a transit sleepover under the list of absence from canada? Both times, there were entry stamps into USA on my passport.

Appreciate your input..thanks
As per the instruction, you should count this as 1 absent - Date you left Canada to Date you came back. Since you visited 2 countries, you have to mention that too in the description --> Your destination was your home country, but you also visited/ stayed in USA to/from country A (home country's name)

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
goodman36 said:
As per the instruction, you should count this as 1 absent - Date you left Canada to Date you came back. Since you visited 2 countries, you have to mention that too in the description --> Your destination was your home country, but you also visited/ stayed in USA to/from country A (home country's name)
Yes, true. I second that.