+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Resending application and renewing temporary resident status

votis

Apr 13, 2019
Hello guys,

My application was received on March 15th but I haven't gotten any news regarding it since then. I am now assuming that the application was sent back and I am getting ready to send another package. Would it be advised to send my medicals and police check with it?

My temporary resident status is also expiring soon and was wondering if I should just include a work permit application despite not completing my degree. I got pregnant on my third year if studies and am now taking some time off school to take care of my newborn son. Will this cause my work permit application to be rejected? Should I just apply for a visitor visa instead?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
There's no point applying for a PGWP. Refusal is guaranteed if you haven't completed your program. Completing your program is a requirement to get a PGWP approved.

Yes - I would recommend you change your status to a visitor visa.

When did you stop attending school?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello guys,

My application was received on March 15th but I haven't gotten any news regarding it since then. I am now assuming that the application was sent back and I am getting ready to send another package. Would it be advised to send my medicals and police check with it?

My temporary resident status is also expiring soon and was wondering if I should just include a work permit application despite not completing my degree. I got pregnant on my third year if studies and am now taking some time off school to take care of my newborn son. Will this cause my work permit application to be rejected? Should I just apply for a visitor visa instead?
AOR can take a few months, so it is early to assume that it is being returned.

votis

Apr 13, 2019
There's no point applying for a PGWP. Refusal is guaranteed if you haven't completed your program. Completing your program is a requirement to get a PGWP approved.

Yes - I would recommend you change your status to a visitor visa.

When did you stop attending school?
My husband is applying to sponsor me for Permanent residence so I was planning to apply for a work permit under the OWP pilot program for this type of application. I know that I dont qualify for the PGWP. I stopped attending on January due to the birth of my son.

NHLNFL

Nov 21, 2018
Visa Office......
Vancouver
App. Filed.......
14-12-2018
AOR Received.
13/02/2019
Med's Request
18/02/2019
Med's Done....
25/02/2019
LANDED..........
03-10-2019
Would she be considered with valid status if she stopped studying on her study permit?

If yes, submit the OWP app with the inland app while you're valid so it gets processed normally

votis

Apr 13, 2019
What if it
Would she be considered with valid status if she stopped studying on her study permit?

If yes, submit the OWP app with the inland app while you're valid so it gets processed normally
What if the status isn't valid?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
What if it

What if the status isn't valid?
Agreed that you may be out of status at this point since you dropped out of school. You should have changed your status to visitor when you dropped out to ensure you would keep your status in Canada valid. You can still apply for PR through the inland route but the OWP won't be issued until much later (after you have AIP). I would apply for PR and include the OWP. If you are in status at the time the application is received, you'll have the OWP within four months - if not, you'll be waiting a lot longer.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Assuming your school gave you approved leave or else you student permit would have been cancelled. Usually schools only give one semester leave for a pregnancy so you run you also run into health insurance issues now in many provinces. Not sure what the deal is with international student policies if you don’t return to school or take leave.