+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Research Section (after work history) in EE profile

Nihal_A

Star Member
Jul 16, 2020
Hello,

After I entered my work history, I got the following question -

"The following questions are about your education and work experience recognition in Canada. IRCC will only use this information for research, performance measurement or evaluation purposes and not to make a decision about your profile or application. Your answers are important and will help improving employment services. "

There seems to be only 2 options "Yes" or "No". What should I choose?

On the same subject in the forums, I see that previously there existed an "I Don't Know" option, but it isn't there anymore. Even though it seems like a survey type question, I'm unsure whether I should answer yes or no.

If it helps, I used to be a Research Assistant, both in the US and in India, totally for over 3 years.

Thanks in advance for your responses!

aamool

Nov 13, 2018
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
07-02-2019
Med's Done....
22-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2019
LANDED..........
02-10-2019
Hello,

After I entered my work history, I got the following question -

"The following questions are about your education and work experience recognition in Canada. IRCC will only use this information for research, performance measurement or evaluation purposes and not to make a decision about your profile or application. Your answers are important and will help improving employment services. "

There seems to be only 2 options "Yes" or "No". What should I choose?

On the same subject in the forums, I see that previously there existed an "I Don't Know" option, but it isn't there anymore. Even though it seems like a survey type question, I'm unsure whether I should answer yes or no.

If it helps, I used to be a Research Assistant, both in the US and in India, totally for over 3 years.

Thanks in advance for your responses!
The yes or no indicates whether or not you want to provide information for the IRCCs to use for various purposes unrelated to your application (i.e. it's information that will be anonymized/aggregated before use).

At least to me, an "I Don't Know" makes no sense in this context. If it were up to me, I would just share the information on the basis of general helpfulness. However, there's no impact to choosing no.

P.S.: It's a research section, because it asks for info for the IRCC's research purposes - it has nothing to do with an applicants experience as a researcher. I guess you may have been thrown a bit by your actually having been in the research field.

Nihal_A

Star Member
Jul 16, 2020
The yes or no indicates whether or not you want to provide information for the IRCCs to use for various purposes unrelated to your application (i.e. it's information that will be anonymized/aggregated before use).

At least to me, an "I Don't Know" makes no sense in this context. If it were up to me, I would just share the information on the basis of general helpfulness. However, there's no impact to choosing no.

P.S.: It's a research section, because it asks for info for the IRCC's research purposes - it has nothing to do with an applicants experience as a researcher. I guess you may have been thrown a bit by your actually having been in the research field.
Thanks for the elaborate response @aamool. I appreciate it.