+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Rescheduling online oath ceremony

marika89

Star Member
Apr 26, 2021
Hi,
I'm looking for people and their experiences with rescheduling the oath date. I'm January 2021 applicant (mail), and got an oath invitation for December 23rd. Unfortunately I'm not able to attend on that date so I have to reschedule the oath (I can't arrange childcare if someone is wondering).
I know there's no timeliness but I'm looking for any experiences with the matter. When your new oath date was?

kurdi12

Jul 8, 2019
hey Marika!
I’m 2019 March applicant! I have been waiting for the Oath more that two years! I don’t recommend to reschedule your Oath date! My oath date is March 4th, 2022. I strongly recommend you don’t change the date because the immigration is finalizing 2019 and 2020 applicants process. All the best

rambopg

Apr 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
25-Jun-2015
File Transfer...
07-Jul-2015
Med's Request
25-Apr-2016
Med's Done....
24-May-2016
Passport Req..
14-Jun-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
1-Jul-2016
Buy the play yard fence. Put the kid in the fence beside your computer. And let them know that u have a kid nearby.

Reactions: BenLinus6

K0c4nbi3t

Sep 5, 2015
Hi,
I'm looking for people and their experiences with rescheduling the oath date. I'm January 2021 applicant (mail), and got an oath invitation for December 23rd. Unfortunately I'm not able to attend on that date so I have to reschedule the oath (I can't arrange childcare if someone is wondering).
I know there's no timeliness but I'm looking for any experiences with the matter. When your new oath date was?
wow first time seen this reason actually. Its up to you but if i were you. I will do the best even spend some money to complete the oath, I was stressful with this so not recommend you to reschedule.

engray

Champion Member
Jul 20, 2018
Hi,
It's a virtual ceremony, and I think the officers will accommodate you if you are alone with a child, no need to reschedule. I hope that helps

mhd10

Star Member
Oct 15, 2016
Hi,
As others have already mentioned, the rescheduling of oath is a huge risk specially if your issue is not due to being out of canada. There are applicants who have rescheduled and after 6 months are still waiting for a new date. There is someone i know who is waiting over a year for their rescheduled oath date. Although the overall duration of oath is estimated to be about an hour or so but the majority of it you will be on mute and can leave your desk if you feel the need to. You will only be required to speak to the officer during registration which is less than 5 mins and then taking the oath which is also less than 5 minutes. The remaining time you will be on mute and if needed can step aside for a bit. So the safest option would be even to keep this oath date and even if you cant find someone by paying extra you can still join the oath as is.

marika89

Star Member
Apr 26, 2021
I am not looking judgements why I need to reschedule my oath, thank you for your input though.
They have it in their website;
" You need to stay in the room for the entire ceremony. If you’re bringing a young child, also bring a guest who can take them out of the room if they get restless and need to leave the ceremony room. If you can’t arrange child care, let us know and we’ll reschedule your ceremony date."
I have small baby who I know will not stay quiet, I don't have extra money, I don't know anyone who could watch her, no family or friends, so I have to reschedule for now. I still have pr card, and not in rush with the citizenship because I would either way be double citizen even after getting Canadian one. The whole process took less than 10 months, I can wait 10 more if have to.
But, I am looking for people's experiences with the matter. Has it been 3 months or one year when You got the new invitation?

marika89

Star Member
Apr 26, 2021
In addition, I live in rural area with not a reliable Internet connection at the moment. In the neat future I will move to the city. If the no child care is not a good reason enough, I bet no Internet is just fine for them to give as a reason.

VijayReddyTirupari

Star Member
May 11, 2013
Vancouver
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
App. Filed.......
20/11/2016
Doc's Request.
26/11/2016
Nomination.....
20/12/2016
AOR Received.
15/03/2017
Med's Request
Upfront on 27/03/2017
Med's Done....
Medicals passed 25/05/2017
LANDED..........
InLand.
I am not looking judgements why I need to reschedule my oath, thank you for your input though.
" You need to stay in the room for the entire ceremony. If you’re bringing a young child, also bring a guest who can take them out of the room if they get restless and need to leave the ceremony room. If you can’t arrange child care, let us know and we’ll reschedule your ceremony date."
I have small baby who I know will not stay quiet, I don't have extra money, I don't know anyone who could watch her, no family or friends, so I have to reschedule for now. I still have pr card, and not in rush with the citizenship because I would either way be double citizen even after getting Canadian one. The whole process took less than 10 months, I can wait 10 more if have to.
But, I am looking for people's experiences with the matter. Has it been 3 months or one year when You got the new invitation?
All I can give you is solutions using technology, You can use Mobile internet data ( 2-3Gb for that day).
'Krisp' is a great tool for noise cancellation.
You can watch this below video before trying out Krisp

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Some were rescheduled in 3 months, some have been waiting for 6 months. So, no one knows how long it will take to be rescheduled

Reactions: marika89

engray

Champion Member
Jul 20, 2018
No judgment at all, I was trying to help. Their instructions on the website are for in-person ceremonies.
Anyways, no one can predict a date. Good luck and I hope it works out for you.

Reactions: marika89

marika89

Star Member
Apr 26, 2021
I sent the reschedule email request one day ago and just got an reply from them that thank you for your email and they will reschedule the oath for a future date. I will update this post later when I hear back from them regarding the new date.

rbmvarma

May 25, 2021
I sent the reschedule email request one day ago and just got an reply from them that thank you for your email and they will reschedule the oath for a future date. I will update this post later when I hear back from them regarding the new date.
Hi marika89, did you get a new date for your oath? if so how many days did it take from the request to new date?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi marika89, did you get a new date for your oath? if so how many days did it take from the request to new date?
Try to avoid rescheduling if you can. Typically the wait is a number of months (not days). And there's at least one person on this forum who has been waiting 1.5 years to be rescheduled.

Application2019

Star Member
Jun 4, 2019
Hello Everyone,

I Missed my Oath ceremony 6th Jan 2021 due to out of country. I informed through email. That time they reply me once i come back than send my boarding pass.
I send them my complete documents on May 2021 and still waiting for the date.
Yesterday i checked my online status and after 8 months, it was updated Background Check INPROGRESS. But before it mentioned that Background complete.

I am too much worry about this matter.
Please give me some information about my current situation. Is it Normal ?

Thankyou in advance for the rely