+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Rescheduling Online Citizenship Interview - 4 months and waiting?

Sololop

Oct 17, 2023
Hello,

My wife received an invitation for her citizenship interview in June. It was via Microsoft Teams. Unfortunately, when trying to log in the day of the interview, the link went to a "Room does not exist" error. We took screenshots and sent them to the IRCC email and also submitted a webform informing them of the problem but haven't heard anything so far. On the application status online tracker it just says "In Progress."

Is it normal for these interview rescheduling to take so long? Or is it not at the bottom of some pile and we're doomed to wait another year? We were hoping to travel next spring, but her original countries passport is as useful as toilet paper.

Should I try calling them? Is there a best way to reach them?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hello,

My wife received an invitation for her citizenship interview in June. It was via Microsoft Teams. Unfortunately, when trying to log in the day of the interview, the link went to a "Room does not exist" error. We took screenshots and sent them to the IRCC email and also submitted a webform informing them of the problem but haven't heard anything so far. On the application status online tracker it just says "In Progress."

Is it normal for these interview rescheduling to take so long? Or is it not at the bottom of some pile and we're doomed to wait another year? We were hoping to travel next spring, but her original countries passport is as useful as toilet paper.

Should I try calling them? Is there a best way to reach them?
Call that would be faster - https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/posts/10523591/

Reactions: Sololop

Sololop

Oct 17, 2023
Hello, the above method worked and we got a hold of someone. Thank you! Now I have one more dumb question:

The Interview was scheduled in June originally, and the time on the interview said EST, which is Eastern Standard Time. But in June, we are observing Daylight Time. Should we convert it or just convert the zone? (We're in Atlantic time). This was a bit confusing too.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hello, the above method worked and we got a hold of someone. Thank you! Now I have one more dumb question:

The Interview was scheduled in June originally, and the time on the interview said EST, which is Eastern Standard Time. But in June, we are observing Daylight Time. Should we convert it or just convert the zone? (We're in Atlantic time). This was a bit confusing too.
You should follow time as it is. Don't do any conversion.