+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Rescheduling oath ceremony

animal123

Dec 2, 2023
Hi everyone, I want some guidance on how to reschedule the oath invite. I am supposed to travel on 7th Feb 2024 outside Canada and I have received the oath invitation for 15 Jan 2024. Since the passport process can be long, I want to know how can I inform this to IRCC?
Any insights.

g_sand

Nov 26, 2017
Hi everyone, I want some guidance on how to reschedule the oath invite. I am supposed to travel on 7th Feb 2024 outside Canada and I have received the oath invitation for 15 Jan 2024. Since the passport process can be long, I want to know how can I inform this to IRCC?
Any insights.
Hi when u did u get oath ceremony

YV0141

Dec 13, 2023
Any insights.
Did you reach out to IRCC on this? Did they come back to you ?

mimo_CA

Jul 24, 2023
I encountered some issues joining the meeting for my scheduled oath ceremony last week. Eventually, I connected with the agent via Zoom, and he mentioned getting back to me. However, I later received a message stating that I was removed by the host, preventing me from participating in the oath ceremony. Not Sure what to do or how long would it take to reschedule my oath. Any ideas?

letbx

Star Member
Dec 12, 2017
Category........
CEC
I am out of country and have got the oath invite scheduled Jan 08. I was prepared to go back to Canada as soon as I get the invitation but wasn't sure I will get it this soon. My passport was expiring and I have applied for Passport renewal and will get it back in 10-12days. I am not wanting to reschedule my oath but I guess that's the only choice I am left with.
Should I email IRCC now, Will they be able to respond to me and have decision before Jan 08. Any views?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
I am out of country and have got the oath invite scheduled Jan 08. I was prepared to go back to Canada as soon as I get the invitation but wasn't sure I will get it this soon. My passport was expiring and I have applied for Passport renewal and will get it back in 10-12days. I am not wanting to reschedule my oath but I guess that's the only choice I am left with.
Should I email IRCC now, Will they be able to respond to me and have decision before Jan 08. Any views?
Expired Passport is valid reason for asking for reschedule. Oath email will have detail on what to do for reschedule.

sri_e

Star Member
Jan 23, 2021
Any insights.
Hey , can you please send me the template on how to reschedule ?
have you received any response from them?
I am in the same boat, mine is schedule feb 8 2024, I am returning end of February.
Thanks in Advance.

RC.123

Nov 3, 2023
Hi, same question here, we got the update of the oath date for Feb 22, 2024 from the tracker, but have not received the invitation email yet, should we wait until the invitation letter for the rescheduling, or we could try sending for the request now? Also, I checked the website, and it just said email to the office, but I'm not sure which email address should we send to. Could anybody help? Thanks a lot in advance.

AB3087

Star Member
May 11, 2015
Hi,
My LPP was completed Jan6
I got email to download e certificate but in tracker ceremony has not started.
I have a problem.
I am outside canada.
How do I tell them I cannot attend oath.
Will they send another email?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hi,
My LPP was completed Jan6
I got email to download e certificate but in tracker ceremony has not started.
I have a problem.
I am outside canada.
How do I tell them I cannot attend oath.
Will they send another email?
The email has that details but if you did not inform them beforehand about your travel, it will be very difficult for them to accept it.
They will ask you to to provide reason why you cannot be back for the ceremony. It may lead to IRCC sending you final notice to appear which if you dont attend will lead to your application getting rejected. Also rescheduling has its own disadvantage where the waiting time could be more than 6 months too.

If possible do try to attend.

AB3087

Star Member
May 11, 2015
The email has that details but if you did not inform them beforehand about your travel, it will be very difficult for them to accept it.
They will ask you to to provide reason why you cannot be back for the ceremony. It may lead to IRCC sending you final notice to appear which if you dont attend will lead to your application getting rejected. Also rescheduling has its own disadvantage where the waiting time could be more than 6 months
Ohh.. right now i hv family health issues. I emailed niagra 2 weeks ago also sent a wwb form but did not get any reply. I have not recieved oath invite yet, just got e certificate download email.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
@AB3087 - You can reply to the email with all the details about the family emergency that you facing. They should help you reschedule based on your availability in that case.

Reactions: AB3087

AB3087

Star Member
May 11, 2015
Hi did u reschedule? How long was wait for next one?

AB3087

Star Member
May 11, 2015
@AB3087 - You can reply to the email with all the details about the family emergency that you facing. They should help you reschedule based on your availability in that case.
Thnx, I emailed them. Lets see if not thn I will go back. Right now tickets are costly too.