+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Rescheduling Final Determination for Permanent Residence Interview + Spouse Addition

sah_din

Aug 10, 2018
I received an email from the Permanent Resident Unit (IRCC Surrey office [WST-Landing-Enquiries]) on July 26, 2018 with an attached letter advising me that my final determination for permanent residence Interview had been scheduled for August 10, 2018. Unfortunately, I did not see the email immediately and was unable to attend the interview due to work commitments. I replied to the email from the office on August 9 to notify them I would not be able to attend. I have not received a reply yet, and every time I try to get through to an agent on the Call Centre, I'm told they are too busy to take my call.
-Does anyone know what the typical timeline is for response to request to reschedule and how far out they usually reschedule if at all?

In addition, I got married on July 21, 2018. I contacted IRCC through the web form to inform them on July 26 (before I was sent the email regarding the interview), and I asked about how to go about adding her to my application. IRCC did not respond to my request through the web form. I mentioned this and the fact that I had got married in my email to the Surrey office to ask about rescheduling.
-Is it too late now to add my spouse to the application? Does it affect my request to reschedule my interview?

Wondering if anyone has been through this before or knows someone else who has.

Thanks for your help.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
I received an email from the Permanent Resident Unit (IRCC Surrey office [WST-Landing-Enquiries]) on July 26, 2018 with an attached letter advising me that my final determination for permanent residence Interview had been scheduled for August 10, 2018. Unfortunately, I did not see the email immediately and was unable to attend the interview due to work commitments. I replied to the email from the office on August 9 to notify them I would not be able to attend. I have not received a reply yet, and every time I try to get through to an agent on the Call Centre, I'm told they are too busy to take my call.
-Does anyone know what the typical timeline is for response to request to reschedule and how far out they usually reschedule if at all?

In addition, I got married on July 21, 2018. I contacted IRCC through the web form to inform them on July 26 (before I was sent the email regarding the interview), and I asked about how to go about adding her to my application. IRCC did not respond to my request through the web form. I mentioned this and the fact that I had got married in my email to the Surrey office to ask about rescheduling.
-Is it too late now to add my spouse to the application? Does it affect my request to reschedule my interview?

Wondering if anyone has been through this before or knows someone else who has.

Thanks for your help.
I don't know about the first question but if you married someone who is neither a Canadian citizen or a Permanent Resident, you can not complete the landing interview until they are added to your application and have been fully processed.

sah_din

Aug 10, 2018
I don't know about the first question but if you married someone who is neither a Canadian citizen or a Permanent Resident, you can not complete the landing interview until they are added to your application and have been fully processed.
Thank you for replying. I did not realize this is actually the landing interview - there was no mention of the word "landing" in the email and attached letter I received.
If my application has already reached the stage of the landing interview, is it still possible to add my spouse? Have I compromised my own application by requesting to add her now?

I am not sure how to communicate with IRCC about clarifying this situation and progressing things. As I mentioned, I sent a case-specific enquiry to IRCC through the web form to inform them of my marriage + request to add my spouse on July 26 (10AM); the marriage was on the morning of July 21. I received an email from the Surrey office for the "final determination" interview on July 26 (4PM). The interview was scheduled for August 10. Unfortunately, I did not see this email at the time, and later found that I would not be able to attend due to work commitments. I emailed the Surrey office on August 9 to explain that I would not be able to attend (asked to reschedule) and I also mentioned about my wife and adding her and that my web form query to IRCC had not been responded to yet. I then followed up with another email on August 10 to attach a scan of my marriage certificate that I had just received in the mail. Not a single response yet from IRCC. I also have not been able to reach anyone through the phone centre as they are always busy. In the meantime, my express entry profile still says they are doing a background check and that no interview is required at this time - the EE application status has not been updated for weeks, which is partly why I was caught off guard by the email about the interview. Not sure what is my next best option here to get things sorted out...

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Thank you for replying. I did not realize this is actually the landing interview - there was no mention of the word "landing" in the email and attached letter I received.
If my application has already reached the stage of the landing interview, is it still possible to add my spouse? Have I compromised my own application by requesting to add her now?

I am not sure how to communicate with IRCC about clarifying this situation and progressing things. As I mentioned, I sent a case-specific enquiry to IRCC through the web form to inform them of my marriage + request to add my spouse on July 26 (10AM); the marriage was on the morning of July 21. I received an email from the Surrey office for the "final determination" interview on July 26 (4PM). The interview was scheduled for August 10. Unfortunately, I did not see this email at the time, and later found that I would not be able to attend due to work commitments. I emailed the Surrey office on August 9 to explain that I would not be able to attend (asked to reschedule) and I also mentioned about my wife and adding her and that my web form query to IRCC had not been responded to yet. I then followed up with another email on August 10 to attach a scan of my marriage certificate that I had just received in the mail. Not a single response yet from IRCC. I also have not been able to reach anyone through the phone centre as they are always busy. In the meantime, my express entry profile still says they are doing a background check and that no interview is required at this time - the EE application status has not been updated for weeks, which is partly why I was caught off guard by the email about the interview. Not sure what is my next best option here to get things sorted out...
Send a Case Specific Enquiry with the word "Urgent" in the subject/first line. This is probably the most effective way to alert them.

Reactions: sah_din

sah_din

Aug 10, 2018
Send a Case Specific Enquiry with the word "Urgent" in the subject/first line. This is probably the most effective way to alert them.
Thanks zardoz. Any thoughts about my other question: if my application has already reached the stage of the landing interview, is it still possible to add my spouse? Have I compromised my own application by requesting to add her now?

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Thanks zardoz. Any thoughts about my other question: if my application has already reached the stage of the landing interview, is it still possible to add my spouse? Have I compromised my own application by requesting to add her now?
You have to add your spouse, regardless of what stage your application is at. If they are already a Canadian citizen or PR, the impact is much less, as they only need to be added as a family member. On the other hand, if your new spouse is a "foreign national" they must be added to your application as a dependent and your application can't legally be completed without doing this. If this is the landing interview, you will be asked if your circumstances have changed and you would have to inform them then that you have married. If they don't ask, you must volunteer the information regardless. What is the immigration status of your new spouse?

Reactions: sah_din

sah_din

Aug 10, 2018
You have to add your spouse, regardless of what stage your application is at. If they are already a Canadian citizen or PR, the impact is much less, as they only need to be added as a family member. On the other hand, if your new spouse is a "foreign national" they must be added to your application as a dependent and your application can't legally be completed without doing this. If this is the landing interview, you will be asked if your circumstances have changed and you would have to inform them then that you have married. If they don't ask, you must volunteer the information regardless. What is the immigration status of your new spouse?
Thank you. She is neither a Canadian citizen or PR. She is currently in the country on a visit visa (ETA). I have informed IRCC about our marriage and my intention to add her to my application through both the web form (sent on July 26) and then subsequently in my email reply to request a rescheduling of the interview (sent on Aug 9). Now I guess I just to have wait for their response to move things forward. I will try the phone centre again tomorrow.

Sherifelian

Jul 17, 2019
I am in similar situation and they didn’t reply on my reschedule request yet , what happened in your case ?

Thanks

sah_din

Aug 10, 2018
I am in similar situation and they didn’t reply on my reschedule request yet , what happened in your case ?

Thanks
Hello, when I was unable to attend, I emailed them using the email they provided in the invitation letter - actually I think it was the was the email address it was sent from (like Vancouver office, etc.) - since the one in the letter didn't match for some reason. If there is no email or some generic do-not-reply email, then you have to use the web form. Just one message. Not multiple - they take a while to respond so just be patient. Multiple messages will not help.
Be patient but they will get back to you eventually. If it's taking more than two or three weeks, try calling them. There should be no issue with rescheduling to another time. I ended up having to reschedule twice because of reasons beyond my control. Just be proactive and explain the circumstances in a clear way and you will be ok.

Shammy7

Aug 23, 2019
Hi sherifelian,

Did you get reply for rescheduling of interview? If yes then how many days they took to reply approx?

I requested for reschedule but didnt receive any reply