Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
10-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-10-2014
LANDED..........
29-10-2014
Hey guys, I read some threads in regards to rescheduling the citizenship test and some people suggested using a web form, writing and email and calling. Some people did all three or at least two of these options simultaneously. I feel like with the new portal where you can pick 3 new dates and the first appointment gets canceled also should be more than enough. Anyone thinking email or web form on top of that still necessary?

Zmaqsood

Champion Member
Sep 10, 2014
Milton. ON
Hey guys, I read some threads in regards to rescheduling the citizenship test and some people suggested using a web form, writing and email and calling. Some people did all three or at least two of these options simultaneously. I feel like with the new portal where you can pick 3 new dates and the first appointment gets canceled also should be more than enough. Anyone thinking email or web form on top of that still necessary?
What new portal?

ronypete

Star Member
Jun 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
10-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-10-2014
LANDED..........
29-10-2014
What new portal?
I thought it was new. They sent a link in the email notifying about the test. Through that link you enter a "portal" where you enter application number etc and can choose 3 new possible test dates and it'll cancel your current test date.

EstherBarros

Aug 18, 2014
BC- Canada
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
17-11-2014
Doc's Request.
02-07-2015
AOR Received.
03-02-2015
File Transfer...
14-02-2015
Med's Done....
23-09-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
19-08-2015
LANDED..........
22-08-2015
I thought it was new. They sent a link in the email notifying about the test. Through that link you enter a "portal" where you enter application number etc and can choose 3 new possible test dates and it'll cancel your current test date.
This is new to me, I didn't receive that- got my test email at the end of December, 2018

Cit123

Mar 15, 2018
IRCC has recently changed the notice to appear forms format with an introduced portal that allows applicants to make changes to their test dates on the government of Canada’s website. The link is on the notice itself just in case you need to make any changes, you click on it and directs you to where you have to submit your request.

EstherBarros

Aug 18, 2014
BC- Canada
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
17-11-2014
Doc's Request.
02-07-2015
AOR Received.
03-02-2015
File Transfer...
14-02-2015
Med's Done....
23-09-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
19-08-2015
LANDED..........
22-08-2015
IRCC has recently changed the notice to appear forms format with an introduced portal that allows applicants to make changes to their test dates on the government of Canada’s website. The link is on the notice itself just in case you need to make any changes, you click on it and directs you to where you have to submit your request.
That's true! Just checked my PDF, I had not clicked the link as I didn't need to reschedule. Handy!

ronypete

Star Member
Jun 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
10-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-10-2014
LANDED..........
29-10-2014
But still no clue if that is "enough"? I got a confirmation email after going through the process. I feel like it should be enough but with this stuff I'm never confident it'll be fine.

EstherBarros

Aug 18, 2014
BC- Canada
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
17-11-2014
Doc's Request.
02-07-2015
AOR Received.
03-02-2015
File Transfer...
14-02-2015
Med's Done....
23-09-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
19-08-2015
LANDED..........
22-08-2015
In theory, it is enough. People are just covering their basis :) I always prefer to call rather then send a web form, so if you want to feel better, give the call centre a call!

shareit

Star Member
Aug 10, 2009
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
May 2013
What new portal?
Same question. What new portal? Yesterday, I received the email for citizenship test but I need to reschedule. I do not see any link in the PDF.

Can someone guide me?

In the PDF, I see the following - no link. Please guide me where to look for the link.

NOTICE TO APPEAR: TO WRITE A CITIZENSHIP TEST AND/OR FOR VERIFICATION OF IDENTITY/DOCUMENTS

Thank you for your interest in Canadian citizenship. We are pleased to inform you that you have reached the next stage of your application for Canadian citizenship.
 If you were under 18 years of age or 55 years of age or older on the date you signed your application, you are not required to demonstrate your knowledge of Canada or your knowledge of English or French. You are receiving this notice solely for the purpose of attending an interview with a citizenship officer to verify your identity and the originals of the documents you provided with your application. Note: If you are a minor who has applied under subsection 5(1), both you and the authorized person who applied on your behalf must be present at the interview unless you received a waiver of the requirement to have an authorized person apply on your behalf.
 If you were 18 – 54 years of age on the date you signed your application, you are required to demonstrate your knowledge of Canada and knowledge of English or French. You are now invited to write the citizenship test, which assesses your knowledge of Canada and of the responsibilities and privileges of citizenship.
If you do not attend this appointment, at the above date, time and place, and do not contact Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) within thirty (30) days of the date of the appointment, you will receive a final notice to appear. It is important to be aware that the Citizenship Act contains provisions that treat an application as abandoned if you do not contact IRCC with a reasonable explanation for not attending a test, hearing, oath or other event. It is therefore important that you contact IRCC if you cannot attend a test session. You may contact IRCC via e-mail at IRCC via e-mail at IRCC.Scheduling-ConvocationSCRCitRN.IRCC@cic.gc.ca or at the mailing address below.
When you come to this appointment, you must bring with you:
 all your original documents that support your citizenship application (as listed in the document checklist in the citizenship application form);
 Permanent Resident Card (if you have ever received one);
 all original passports and travel documents in your possession (current and expired).
For applicants who must write the citizenship test
You may write the test in English or French. To help you prepare for the test, we encourage you to review the study guide “Discover Canada: The Rights and Responsibilities of Canadian Citizenship", which was provided to you either by mail or by electronic web link. “Discover Canada” is the only publication you need to study for the test. The study guide is also available in alternate formats, including audio at: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/publications/discover/index.asp
When you write your test, you will also be interviewed by a citizenship officer to verify your identity and the originals of the documents you provided at the time you applied. During the interview, your knowledge of English or French will be verified. For more information on the official language requirement for citizenship, please consult your application package or visit http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=567&top=5
TEST/INTERVIEW FACILITIES: Only those scheduled for the written test or interview are allowed in the testing/interview room. If you bring young children, you should have someone with you to watch over them. If you cannot make suitable arrangements for child care, your appointment can be rescheduled for a later date.
The use of scented products, such as perfumes and colognes, may cause others to experience discomfort such as headaches, dizziness, shortness of breath, and skin irritation.
As a courtesy to our clients and employees, we kindly ask that you refrain from wearing scented products in our offices or when attending off-site ceremonies and appointments.
Thank you again for your interest in Canadian citizenship and we look forward to seeing you.
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

Zmaqsood

Champion Member
Sep 10, 2014
Milton. ON
Same question. What new portal? Yesterday, I received the email for citizenship test but I need to reschedule. I do not see any link in the PDF.

Can someone guide me?

In the PDF, I see the following - no link. Please guide me where to look for the link.
May be it is for select few territories so if u dont see it better send a webform informing them of ur unavailability with reason and supporting documents

shareit

Star Member
Aug 10, 2009
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
May 2013
I am based in Toronto/GTA area and would have really really liked the option to choose those test dates.