+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reschedule Oath Ceremony

sohrabp

Star Member
Jan 26, 2019
Hey Everyone,

Has anybody had the experience to reschedule the oath ceremony? My original date was April 26ht then the strike happened and they rescheduled me for May 10th. but due to an urgent travel, I had to ask to reschedule me. I provided them with my return date. Since I am back, I have been trying to call and send emails to inform me
that I am back but unfortunately, I was unable so far.

Anyone with the same experience? How long usually takes for another invite?

Thank you

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hey Everyone,

Has anybody had the experience to reschedule the oath ceremony? My original date was April 26ht then the strike happened and they rescheduled me for May 10th. but due to an urgent travel, I had to ask to reschedule me. I provided them with my return date. Since I am back, I have been trying to call and send emails to inform me

Thank you
Did you email them at the same address you got the invite from ?

Reactions: sohrabp

Banana woman

Dec 10, 2019
Hey Everyone,

Thank you
I’ve read of people waiting for 9months to be rescheduled. It depends on the office handling your application I think. I hope you get a new date soon.

Reactions: forw.jane

darkuma

Jul 14, 2023
We sent our application in October2021, got our oath in Nov/2022, we had travel plan to support father health so reschedule an oath, It has been 8 month, we did not get oath yet, contact ircc by webform, phone and through MP, but we did not get oath so far. so if you can take oath...take it, otherwise its all depend on which visa office is processing your application. on other side my cousin also reschedule oath though she got new date in couple of weeks when she came back from her travel and her total time of processing application was around 6-8 months. We have been waiting since 21 months.

Reactions: sohrabp

sohrabp

Star Member
Jan 26, 2019
We sent our application in October2021, got our oath in Nov/2022, we had travel plan to support father health so reschedule an oath, It has been 8 month, we did not get oath yet, contact ircc by webform, phone and through MP, but we did not get oath so far. so if you can take oath...take it, otherwise its all depend on which visa office is processing your application. on other side my cousin also reschedule oath though she got new date in couple of weeks when she came back from her travel and her total time of processing application was around 6-8 months. We have been waiting since 21 months.

Thank you for sharing that. I sent many emails to my Ceremony office and did not get any response. Then I called and finally after like 50 times I successfully talked to an agent and she confirmed that they acknowledge my return to Canada. Then I sent another email to my Case office (West) and 1 day after that I received 2 emails from 2 different offices (MB/SK and Calgary). MB/SK said that I am in the queue for the ceremony but there is no ceremony for now and I have to wait. Calgary just said: Your ceremony will be rescheduled.

Hopefully you will get some good news soon.