+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reschedule initial sputum test

Sam.ty

Nov 14, 2023
Looking for an advise. My husband conducted his medical exam in St Luke's in BGC last 11/08 but he is already booked for his flight on 11/23 under TRV. After doing all the test, he was informed to approach the counter as he was told he is all done with the tests. On the counter he was told that his results will be uploaded in eMedical. Then he was told is to be scheduled for sputum for 11/21-11/23. He called me to ask what he will do. I asked the nurse if the result of his exam and xray was discussed by the doctor to him and if a re-xray has been requested before the sputum test (Based from my own experience as my dad was found positive for PTB back in 2017 and as I declared of my exposure I was asked to do a re-xray and was found negative. My dad and mom had to do the sputum test). The nurse advised there was no request from the doctor as the sputum test was only a recommendation. As we indicated his flight is 11/23. I asked if there will he an earlier date if he is being required to do the test. Nurse said no. Being persisted I asked can he be scheduled after 11/23 instead and conduct the sputum test with a different panel of physician in Canada. Nurse said its the only date available. If my husband will be unable to do it they will not include it on his eMedical because again she advised and I quote " its only a recommendation po" She also advised if test will not be done on those dates we cannot go ahead and do it on another date and will have to wait for IRCC's instruction. Having doubts we have requested a copy of his medical result and on their notes for xray she indicated " the applicant was instructed for sputum exam but will not proceed". We did not say we will not proceed but rather be scheduled at a different date of what they are insisting. Will this affect our application and my husband's flight on the 23rd?

I appreciate your guidance on this. Thank you