+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Resbumitting a form

frostywoman

Oct 27, 2016
I submitted my application for spousal sponsorship in January and included everything but got an email saying that I must complete the Schedule A background/declaration form even though I already did, I know the sponsor does not have to fill out that form and we have no dependents. It says all family members 18 and older so does that include parents/siblings who have nothing to do with our application? I'm just confused, thanks.

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
no, the term "family member" is ONLY referring to people listed in the application seeking PR status. Since you do not have any children, this means ONLY you, the principal applicant fills out this form. REmember, a lot of forms are generic for all streams of immigration. "family members" is specific to streams where couples or entire families are immigrating together in the same application.

Your parents/siblings do not fill out any applicant forms.

Lashen

Nov 1, 2016
frostywoman said:
I submitted my application for spousal sponsorship in January and included everything but got an email saying that I must complete the Schedule A background/declaration form even though I already did, I know the sponsor does not have to fill out that form and we have no dependents. It says all family members 18 and older so does that include parents/siblings who have nothing to do with our application? I'm just confused, thanks.
Hey frostywoman,

It's all simple, stay cool! Possibly you used the new application kit. The new rules are whether/not you include background/declaration form you will still be asked to upload it. I found out that the background/declaration form has changed!

First, try to link your application to your CIC Account and click on check messages.
Second, download the background/declaration form (fill it for you "applicant"). Did you include dependents who are not Canadian citizens?
Third, DO NOT PRINT AND SIGN! Make sure you validate it (it could be stressing validating if you haven't input the right information).
Third, login back to your CIC account and upload the form and submit! You will sign electronically.

Hope this helps?

You are done! Wait for AOR!!!

frostywoman

Oct 27, 2016
Lashen said:
Hey frostywoman,

It's all simple, stay cool! Possibly you used the new application kit. The new rules are whether/not you include background/declaration form you will still be asked to upload it. I found out that the background/declaration form has changed!

First, try to link your application to your CIC Account and click on check messages.
Second, download the background/declaration form (fill it for you "applicant"). Did you include dependents who are not Canadian citizens?
Third, DO NOT PRINT AND SIGN! Make sure you validate it (it could be stressing validating if you haven't input the right information).
Third, login back to your CIC account and upload the form and submit! You will sign electronically.

Hope this helps?

You are done! Wait for AOR!!!
I've been trying to link my application for over a week now :( I've tried so many different combinations and suggestions from people, I've been putting the info exactly as I did on the application and still can't seem to link it. Would I be able to send the paper copy again or does it have to be linked? What should I do if I can't link it? Thanks so much

Lashen

Nov 1, 2016
frostywoman said:
I've been trying to link my application for over a week now :( I've tried so many different combinations and suggestions from people, I've been putting the info exactly as I did on the application and still can't seem to link it. Would I be able to send the paper copy again or does it have to be linked? What should I do if I can't link it? Thanks so much
Now let's begin from here:

Did you sure the new application kit? Are you inland or outland applicant?
Did you receive email from IRCC that you may link your application to CIC account within 7 days?

frostywoman

Oct 27, 2016
Lashen said:
Now let's begin from here:

Did you sure the new application kit? Are you inland or outland applicant?
Did you receive email from IRCC that you may link your application to CIC account within 7 days?
Yes, I used the new application and I am inland applicant. I received the email from them on January 21st saying in order to continue processing, you must link your application within 7 days and was trying every day but no luck.

Lashen

Nov 1, 2016
frostywoman said:
Yes, I used the new application and I am inland applicant. I received the email from them on January 21st saying in order to continue processing, you must link your application within 7 days and was trying every day but no luck.
I am also inland and got the same info. You should be able to link it asap because the background forms can be downloaded from your account with instructions.

Are you able to check it through Ecas?

Did you sure your application number starting with F? Choose application number and surname. Do not fill in your passport details. If you have no dependents put in 2 (you and your sponsor). For the city put in your address as you listed on the form.

frostywoman

Oct 27, 2016
Lashen said:
I am also inland and got the same info. You should be able to link it asap because the background forms can be downloaded from your account with instructions.

Are you able to check it through Ecas?

Did you sure your application number starting with F? Choose application number and surname. Do not fill in your passport details. If you have no dependents put in 2 (you and your sponsor). For the city put in your address as you listed on the form.
I did all of that exactly and it still said no applications found, what is Ecas?

danawhitaker

Aug 4, 2016
United States
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2016
AOR Received.
21-10-2016
File Transfer...
28-10-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
22-07-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2017
LANDED..........
05-03-2017
frostywoman said:
I did all of that exactly and it still said no applications found, what is Ecas?
Have you tried putting 1 instead of 2 for the number of applicants?

Lashen

Nov 1, 2016
frostywoman said:
You can access ECAS from here. You can see if they have your application in the system. If yes, then the problem is coming from your side.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/my_application/status.asp?s=2

Let us know if you can track your application. You can use your sponsor's details or yours.

frostywoman

Oct 27, 2016
Lashen said:
You can access ECAS from here. You can see if they have your application in the system. If yes, then the problem is coming from your side.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/my_application/status.asp?s=2

Let us know if you can track your application. You can use your sponsor's details or yours.
Yes, it works and says application received.

Lashen

Nov 1, 2016
frostywoman said:
Yes, it works and says application received.
Did you check for your sponsor too?

Since they have you, it means that you are not entering some information right. The new application kits came with advanced online tracking system, so you should have problem.

frostywoman

Oct 27, 2016
Lashen said:
Did you check for your sponsor too?

Since they have you, it means that you are not entering some information right. The new application kits came with advanced online tracking system, so you should have problem.
I just put in my sponsors information and it says application received on there as well

Lashen

Nov 1, 2016
frostywoman said:
I just put in my sponsors information and it says application received on there as well
If put in your sponsor's details, you should see two application status: sponsorship application and permanent residence application.
Normally the sponsorship application status should be in process and permanent residence application should have received status.

Now, you can look at your generic application form for reference and try linking your application. This is important that failure to do that will delay your application.
You may also try to use your sponsor's details to link if yours isn't working. It will pull out the application.

If you still have problems and believe the information you entered are right, call CIC asasp!!