+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Requirements to leave the Philippines on a valid COPR

motard

Aug 23, 2022
Strike 1, as was expecting, today being a Monday and the online booking system having been shutdown for several days, am sure there was a flurry of people attempting to book an online appointment.
We were able to get to the requirements screen and hitting submit.
However I was one of the unlucky ones that received a message indicating the quota had been filled for the day.
This occurred just after 12 minutes of several re-tries and Error 500 messages.
The in-person session is now only available for the first week of September (more than 2 months from now), we booked for that just in case.
Hoping for better luck for the online session tomorrow.

• Wow
Reactions: Person001

Person001

Star Member
Jan 2, 2023
Strike 1, as was expecting, today being a Monday and the online booking system having been shutdown for several days, am sure there was a flurry of people attempting to book an online appointment.
We were able to get to the requirements screen and hitting submit.
However I was one of the unlucky ones that received a message indicating the quota had been filled for the day.
This occurred just after 12 minutes of several re-tries and Error 500 messages.
The in-person session is now only available for the first week of September (more than 2 months from now), we booked for that just in case.
Hoping for better luck for the online session tomorrow.
Is the passport stamped yet? Do you need to have the passport stamped before doing it online or can try to get a slot as soon as PPR received?
And do you knowthe wait time if you get an online session slot, is it same day?

Last edited:

motard

Aug 23, 2022
Is the passport stamped yet? Do you need to have the passport stamped before doing it online or can try to get a slot as soon as PPR received?
And do you knowthe wait time if you get an online session slot, is it same day?
Yes my wife has the COPR visa on her passport.
I beleive you can try it at any time, as you can apply with visa or without, if with visa, you need to upload it together with the passport.
My guess is, if you apply without the visa, the requirements might be a bit more stringent.
@Xilikon mentioned the wait time, at least for his wife, was a couple of days, but the issue is actually getting the slot, that is anyone's guess.

Xilikon

Apr 26, 2018
Quebec City, Canada
Category........
FAM
When I said a couple of days, it's for processing (seminar, interview and documents check). We got lucky and got a slot quickly when we did in September 2022.

Reactions: motard

motard

Aug 23, 2022
Am happy to report, was able to get a successful registration today, on my second try. Was also able to get the seminar scheduled for today.
Now hoping that the Public holiday tomorrow, will not delay the process too much.
Will post more details about the process, once have the CFO certificate in hand.

motard

Aug 23, 2022
Was able to get the CFO certificate this morning (late night Philippines).
It seems the website does save the progress, as this time around, I did not have to fill in as much information.
One thing noticed was, first had to clear out the failed attempt, by going again into the original email provided in the first registration, clicking the link and following the prompts.
I did this step prior to 7am and it allowed me, it eventually gave me a message indicating that my previous registration attempt did not complete, and to try registering again.
Went to the CFO website at 7am and clicked on the link to register.
It again asked if the applicant had a visa with passport or without, since had visa, it asked me to upload both.
Have heard there is a file size limitation of 2MB, so we kept all our files under that, however on the website there is no indication of such, assuming it probably errors out if the file uploaded is greater.
Received another email with a new link, clicked Confirm Email.
Was directed to the CFO website, and was presented with the screen in which had failed on the first attempt(was pleasantly surprised) then filled that out quickly and submitted the information.
Next screen, was the requirements screen, hit submit and was greeted with success, that the account had been created.
Total time spent about 4 minutes.

The fastest way I would recommend to navigate and enter information is with the use of keyboard, as the scrolling selection with the mouse, is a bit quirky.
After registration is successful, you receive a welcome e-mail from CFO asking you to submit documents.
The CFO website seems to be a work in progress, as recently they just updated it with a re-print option for the CFO certificate, hopefully they will improve on it's usability, such as a progress bar indicating at what stage of the process you are at, and eliminating duplicate information entry.

Just relieved that my spouse, can confidently arrive at the airport, with all requirements in hand and board her flight, to finally come to Canada.
Good luck to everyone else attempting to get a CFO certificate, and I wish you less stress, than what I had during this ordeal.

Person001

Star Member
Jan 2, 2023
In our case, PA is coming in as a visitor and is unemployed.
We have been told by the CFO that we need these:

depending on the assessment, as a tourist/visit visa holder, I will be needing these requirements before we proceed with the telecounseling:
If kumpleto na isend mo ulit sa email ko in one sending :
-passport mo,
-visa,
-passport ni partner,
-if divorced/separated, divorce/annulment papers with English translation,
- if married; PSA certificate of marriage (with English translation) and ROM
-Notarized and Authenticated or Apostilled Affidavit of Support and Invitation/formal obligation (with English translation),
-4 or more pictures together (in collage, 1 page only)

In particular, the requirement in bold. Has anyone needed that?

comarxx

Jan 12, 2012
Manila
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In our case, PA is coming in as a visitor and is unemployed.
We have been told by the CFO that we need these:

depending on the assessment, as a tourist/visit visa holder, I will be needing these requirements before we proceed with the telecounseling:
If kumpleto na isend mo ulit sa email ko in one sending :
-passport mo,
-visa,
-passport ni partner,
-if divorced/separated, divorce/annulment papers with English translation,
- if married; PSA certificate of marriage (with English translation) and ROM
-Notarized and Authenticated or Apostilled Affidavit of Support and Invitation/formal obligation (with English translation),
-4 or more pictures together (in collage, 1 page only)

In particular, the requirement in bold. Has anyone needed that?
Why would you need this requirements from Philippines to go to Canada as a visitor?

I know people from Philippines who went on as a tourist in Asia countries and people who toured in Europe. They did not get this requirements from CFO.

Person001

Star Member
Jan 2, 2023
Why would you need this requirements from Philippines to go to Canada as a visitor?

I know people from Philippines who went on as a tourist in Asia countries and people who toured in Europe. They did not get this requirements from CFO.
I'm not really sure to be honest, but the CFO seems to be asking for it before they will give her the CFO sticker.... we are married, we have a marriage certificate, and I have loads of proofs of our relationship....

To your point, this is true, my spouse is unemployed and recently went on a tourism trip to Japan (financed by me) and immigration let her pass. She has also been to many other countries in Asia. So I'm not sure why they need this. We lived together in the Philippines for almost a year, we even have a notarized joint lease in the Philippines...

comarxx

Jan 12, 2012
Manila
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm not really sure to be honest, but the CFO seems to be asking for it before they will give her the CFO sticker.... we are married, we have a marriage certificate, and I have loads of proofs of our relationship....

To your point, this is true, my spouse is unemployed and recently went on a tourism trip to Japan (financed by me) and immigration let her pass. She has also been to many other countries in Asia. So I'm not sure why they need this. We lived together in the Philippines for almost a year, we even have a notarized joint lease in the Philippines...
I think if you are going to immigrate one of the requirements from Phils is to attend a CFO seminar or something. I did the same thing 10+ years ago. But to be honest it’s mostly bs, just another way to get money from people.

I do not think it applies to to Filipino who will be leave the country as a tourist though.

Person001

Star Member
Jan 2, 2023
I think if you are going to immigrate one of the requirements from Phils is to attend a CFO seminar or something. I did the same thing 10+ years ago. But to be honest it’s mostly bs, just another way to get money from people.

I do not think it applies to to Filipino who will be leave the country as a tourist though.
Hmmm, well she applied online for the GCP. She seemed to meet the requirements because I am inviting her and will be financially supporting her trip. I agree, it is BS. I would need to get those documents notarized and then authenticated by the Philippines embassy in Canada which could take months...
It's easy for me to come up with the documentation, it's the notarization,authentication,etc part that is too much.

comarxx

Jan 12, 2012
Manila
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You’re right it’s easy to get documents but the notarization and apostilled in the Phils is the one that takes time. I am still a PR who holds a Philippines passport still. I just emailed them now. I’ll wait for their response. So we will see..

autoscriptor

Star Member
Jul 5, 2009
I didn't have a chance to read the entire thread. I want to add that the CFO certificate is only required when the female partner travels for the first time on an immigrant or residency visa to join a foreign husband or partner, even if she has previously traveled outside the Philippines as a tourist. If she is traveling on a visit visa, has traveled outside the Philippines before, and can show certain proofs of a return ticket, ties to the Philippines, and enough travel funds, a GCP and a CFO certificate are not required. A spouse or a partner can theoretically travel on a visit/tourist visa, but there is always a risk that immigration could find out and then return from the airport.

Person001

Star Member
Jan 2, 2023
I didn't have a chance to read the entire thread. I want to add that the CFO certificate is only required when the female partner travels for the first time on an immigrant or residency visa to join a foreign husband or partner, even if she has previously traveled outside the Philippines as a tourist. If she is traveling on a visit visa, has traveled outside the Philippines before, and can show certain proofs of a return ticket, ties to the Philippines, and enough travel funds.
Thank you for the information. So are you saying if I sent her like 10K CAD, and she got a bank certificate in that amount, and showed ties to PH, like family home, etc, and she has an extensive travel history in Asia for tourism, that she could just show up to the airport with that, and return ticket, and it should be enough? No CFO ?
I can also provide letter of invitation, and everything else, signed, plenty of relationship proof, just not notarized, authenticated, etc etc....