+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Requirements for stay back for students

Rahul24

Dec 24, 2013
Hi,
I completed my B.E in Mechanical from India. I got admitted into Cape Breton University for Bachelors in Engineering Technology (Petroleum). The official course duration is actually 3 years but i can complete the program in a year since i have already completed my engineering. I have received a study permit for only a year. I am confused about the no. of years i will get as stay back. What i heard is that the no. of stay back years depends on the no. of courses and credits taken in a year, or does the stay back depend on the no. of years you stay in Canada. I will be doing 14 courses in 1 year which will get me 42 credits. Can someone please let me know how many stay back years am I likely to get.

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
Rahul24 said:
Hi,
I completed my B.E in Mechanical from India. I got admitted into Cape Breton University for Bachelors in Engineering Technology (Petroleum). The official course duration is actually 3 years but i can complete the program in a year since i have already completed my engineering. I have received a study permit for only a year. I am confused about the no. of years i will get as stay back. What i heard is that the no. of stay back years depends on the no. of courses and credits taken in a year, or does the stay back depend on the no. of years you stay in Canada. I will be doing 14 courses in 1 year which will get me 42 credits. Can someone please let me know how many stay back years am I likely to get.
most likely 1 year since ur transferring credits not sure though