+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Requirements for immigration to Canada as a professional

Morebie

Aug 15, 2019
Good day,

I would like to find out what the requirements are for Zimbabwean citizens intending to migrate to Canada. I am currently living and working in South Africa with a work permit. I am an ACCA (Association of Chartered Certified Accountants) Member and have an Honour's Degree in Applied Accounting (Oxford Brookes).

What would I need to be eligible to immigrate to Canada for work purposes even before I get employment there? Which areas would be easier to get a job as a Financial Accountant?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Good day,

I would like to find out what the requirements are for Zimbabwean citizens intending to migrate to Canada. I am currently living and working in South Africa with a work permit. I am an ACCA (Association of Chartered Certified Accountants) Member and have an Honour's Degree in Applied Accounting (Oxford Brookes).

What would I need to be eligible to immigrate to Canada for work purposes even before I get employment there? Which areas would be easier to get a job as a Financial Accountant?
The requirements to immigrate are the same for everyone, regardless of where you are from or where you are living. Canada has a number of economic immigration programs that you will need to research. I would recommend you start with the Express Entry program. This is a points-based program and right now you need 460+ points to be picked from the pool.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada.html

It is not realistic to expect that you will be able to get a job in Canada before you have become a permanent resident because the process employers have to follow to hire you is very long and expensive with no guarantee of approval. You should focus on qualifying and applying to immigrate (become a permanent resident) if you want to move to Canada.