+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Required visa in RTD

Discussion in 'Refugees and Asylum' started by ale87, Jun 21, 2019.

  1. Does anyone know if we need to apply for a french visa to cross to France from Germany? I tried https://france-visas.gouv.fr/ but they didnt have RTD option.
  2. ale87 likes this.
  3. Yes you need a French visa to enter France. You don’t need a visa to be in Germany. Although you will be in the Shengen zone and it should be free movement but because France and Germany are trying to stop refugees from travelling into their countries there have been increased checks of paperwork at borders and especially on train routes. Would encourage you to follow the rules and get a French visa if you intend to be in France. Why risk getting into trouble?
    Rafffff likes this.
  4. I was hoping to land in France directly, and I dont mind to get a visa, I just couldn't find the RTD in this website https://france-visas.gouv.fr/ . When i put Canada as issue country they say I dont need visa, and RTD is not among the list of passports they have in the form. Anyone had been through this before? Consulate and embassy didn't provide any information regarding my situation.
  5. What if I want to land directly in France from Canada?
  6. You need a visa. Have you contacted the embassy in Canada? Many of the staff may not be familiar with RTD so you may have to explain that you are an accepted refugee in Canada. Tried the visa tool and there wasn’t an option for RTD.
  7. Yes I did Call both consulates in Montreal and Toronto and Embassy in Ottawa, they all directed me to https://france-visas.gouv.fr/ ...which is their visa agency. Now trying to reach this agency to speak to me.
  8. Good luck.
  9. Does the UAE require a Visa for RTD?

    My relative plans to also apply for a Saudi visa to visit spiritual sites for religious purposes, anyone know how he can get a saudi visa if there's no saudi diplomatic mission in Canada, can he apply in UAE?
  10. Don’t believe you can go to Saudi with an RTD. Perhaps there is an exception if you are doing Umrah. If not you can go once you have a PR card or citizenship. Others will have to confirm.
  11. The UAE does not issue visas for RTD holders i.e. RTD holders are not allowed to enter the UAE

    Saudi Arabia does issue Umrah visas for RTD holders. You can apply for the visa from Canada through an authorized agent. As far as I know you have to go through a visa agent and you can't apply directly through the Embassy in Ottawa. Make sure that the agent you deal with is approved by the Saudi Embassy.
    Hi123fmfncjr likes this.
  12. If possible I would consider postponing going until you have your PR card or Canadian passport so you can visit other family or other countries/cities in the area. It is along and expensive journey so many people combine a few things at one time.
    sss12345 and Hi123fmfncjr like this.

Share This Page