+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Required Police Reports for UK Caution

Nov 7, 2019
Hi all, I have a "stepped down" UK caution for harassment. I am submitting a UK police certificate which will show "No Live Trace" as opposed to "No Trace".

I understand that I will also need to submit my "Subject Access Request" for Canadian visa immigration officers to better understand my offence. Can someone pls confirm if this is the report that is released by ACRO, or Home Office?

I see two Subject Access Reports one can order. Pasting links:

https://www.acro.police.uk/Subject_Access_Online.aspx

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/requests-for-personal-data-uk-visas-and-immigration/request-personal-information-held-by-uk-visas-and-immigration

Thx in advance!!

gem04

Oct 7, 2019
Hi all, I have a "stepped down" UK caution for harassment. I am submitting a UK police certificate which will show "No Live Trace" as opposed to "No Trace".

I understand that I will also need to submit my "Subject Access Request" for Canadian visa immigration officers to better understand my offence. Can someone pls confirm if this is the report that is released by ACRO, or Home Office?

I see two Subject Access Reports one can order. Pasting links:

https://www.acro.police.uk/Subject_Access_Online.aspx

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/requests-for-personal-data-uk-visas-and-immigration/request-personal-information-held-by-uk-visas-and-immigration

Thx in advance!!
My husband has the same. We requested the one from ARCO. I haven’t been asked to submit it yet so not sure whether it’s the right one.

Reactions: Highlyclevered90
Nov 7, 2019
Thank you for responding! I got my AOR on 01 Nov, and had sent in my ACRO subject acccess report upfront as a part of my EE application...Hopefully we won't need to order another one. I didn't even know home office had one too until I got in touch with a lawyer to try and get my caution expunged. He then told me that in order to assess whether I had any merit, he needed my subject access report from home office.....from your research, can having a caution even if its stepped down delay the app processing time?
My husband has the same. We requested the one from ARCO. I haven’t been asked to submit it yet so not sure whether it’s the right one.

gem04

Oct 7, 2019
Thank you for responding! I got my AOR on 01 Nov, and had sent in my ACRO subject acccess report upfront as a part of my EE application...Hopefully we won't need to order another one. I didn't even know home office had one too until I got in touch with a lawyer to try and get my caution expunged. He then told me that in order to assess whether I had any merit, he needed my subject access report from home office.....from your research, can having a caution even if its stepped down delay the app processing time?
We received our AOR on 25th October. On our application I only attached the police report. I ordered the SAR just incase they asked for further information so it’s ready to go but they may not even ask for it. I can’t imagine it substantially delay the EE process though especially if it’s only a caution.

Nov 7, 2019
We received our AOR on 25th October. On our application I only attached the police report. I ordered the SAR just incase they asked for further information so it’s ready to go but they may not even ask for it. I can’t imagine it substantially delay the EE process though especially if it’s only a caution.
yes, makes sense. I wish you good luck and that the process goes smoothly for you and your family!

Nov 7, 2019
Hi gems, I have a quick q. Did you or your husband apply for criminal rehab? I am not sure if I am supposed to since I only have a caution and that too has been stepped down earlier this year. Really confused about this point, and would appreciate any insight

gem04

Oct 7, 2019
I’ll be honest I’ve never heard of criminal rehab whilst doing research on the subject so I really wouldn’t worry. My husbands caution is from 2002 so I’m not too worried about it. What does the result say on your ARCO report?

Nov 7, 2019
I’ll be honest I’ve never heard of criminal rehab whilst doing research on the subject so I really wouldn’t worry. My husbands caution is from 2002 so I’m not too worried about it. What does the result say on your ARCO report?
Thank you. Mine says “no live trace.”
I presume that’s what’s on your husband’s as well? In your case, since it’s been 10+ years, I believe you’re automatically deemed rehabilitated though I’m not sure if you still need to apply for one....

gem04

Oct 7, 2019
Yes, his says the same. Judging by the link below I’m reading as it’s only you’ve been convicted and charged? I thought ‘no live trace’ is still positive it means there is no current criminal record. As long as you were honest and disclosed the caution when you did your application I really wouldn’t worry
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5312-rehabilitation-persons-inadmissible-canada-past-criminal-activity.html

Nov 7, 2019
Yes, his says the same. Judging by the link below I’m reading as it’s only you’ve been convicted and charged? I thought ‘no live trace’ is still positive it means there is no current criminal record. As long as you were honest and disclosed the caution when you did your application I really wouldn’t worry
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5312-rehabilitation-persons-inadmissible-canada-past-criminal-activity.html
Thank you. I am confused because although not a conviction, a caution can fall under the last category "if you committed an act outside of Canada that is considered a crime under the laws of the country where it occurred and would be punishable under Canadian law."....in which case it makes you criminally inadmissible...i would like to be proven wrong though

gem04

Oct 7, 2019
I understand what you’re saying but you weren’t charged. Have you received your ITA yet and submitted your application? Might be worth contacting the IRCC.