+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Required Documents at Port of Entry (Airport)

Geet7

Sep 13, 2021
I'm planning on traveling on early December. However, I have a question regarding the documents I have to carry when landing.

Since all of my original documents are in Spanish, I had to get them all translated. My question is, since my financial documents are from the first half of the year, would it be OK if I present them as proof of financial means if required by the VO? Or do I have to get updated translations of my account statements from the past 4 months (AUG - SEP - OCT - NOV)?

Thank you!

RamSatt

Mar 8, 2021
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
09-12-2020
Med's Done....
15-11-2020
Passport Req..
17-03-2021
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2021
LANDED..........
19-04-2021
Heya Geet7! I landed in Canada last spring. So, I'm not sure what's happening at customs and immigration now, but I can tell you what happened when I landed.

I already opened a GIC account at Scotiabank with C$10,000. I was carrying a forex card with C$1000. I had my accommodation for 15 days booked at an AirBnb while I would search for places to live. My University Tuition was paid for a year ahead. So when the immigration officer asked me about my finances. I told her this.

She asked for proof, and I showed her my GIC confirmation documents, the Airbnb confirmation, and a screenshot of my University Account where the tuition paid was reflected. She did not ask me for a bank statement or anything, and I did not carry any proof of that either.

In your case, it could depend on what you already paid for ahead of time. Also, because you're travelling with your spouse (I presume) you may need to provide financial proof. I would recommend you carry latest bank documents if that is a possibility.

Geet7

Sep 13, 2021
Heya Geet7! I landed in Canada last spring. So, I'm not sure what's happening at customs and immigration now, but I can tell you what happened when I landed.

I already opened a GIC account at Scotiabank with C$10,000. I was carrying a forex card with C$1000. I had my accommodation for 15 days booked at an AirBnb while I would search for places to live. My University Tuition was paid for a year ahead. So when the immigration officer asked me about my finances. I told her this.

She asked for proof, and I showed her my GIC confirmation documents, the Airbnb confirmation, and a screenshot of my University Account where the tuition paid was reflected. She did not ask me for a bank statement or anything, and I did not carry any proof of that either.

In your case, it could depend on what you already paid for ahead of time. Also, because you're travelling with your spouse (I presume) you may need to provide financial proof. I would recommend you carry latest bank documents if that is a possibility.
Thank you for your reply! I'm planning on carrying with me as much documentation as possible. My wife paid for the first term and we have the receipts. We also have the account statements that we used to apply but I don't know if they will consider them as outdated considering they are at least 5 months old.

Considering all of the costs in which we have incurred, I was trying to avoid having to translate more documents because its not very cheap.