+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

required documents after ITA

ammirandus

Feb 16, 2016
Hello ladies and gentlemen :)
Im kindly asking you to help me with several questions on regards to the EE documents check list which comes up after receiving an ITA.
Alright, so I received my ITA on Jul 13, filled out personal, work, travel and all of those forms appear after you get an ITA.
After saving the forms and clicking the "Continue" button I've reached the Documents check list page, and here is where I have some questions:
1) Education proof - I have to diplomas Bachelor's and Master's in one field. Should I upload both or just the Master's one and ECA for that?
2) Police certificates - is this right that I must have PCC which is no longer that 3 months old for my origin country and PCC which is no longer that 1 yeah for my overseas police certificates (i.e. FBI PCC)?
3) Proof of medical exam (required) - has anyone used confirmation of registration to the Med exam instead of results form. We are scheduled for middle of August and wondering if we could submit our docs with just confirmation of registration to the exam.
4) Proof of funds - how old must the bank statement be? For instance we have 1 week old translated bank statement along with transactions and we can easily upload that document to our EE check list, but by the time we passed med exam (which is Aug 15th), the bank statement's gonna be 1 month old. Does anyone know for how long the proof of funds valid?
5) Legal Name Change Doc. - that's for my wife who changed her last name when we got married. Can I use our marriage certificate for that field? or there must be something else, like a birth certificate etc.
6) And the last one, in my Express Entry profile, not the PR profile, in my work history I put wrong dates for my foreign work experience i.e.
temporary worker USA - 2010/5 - 2010/9, but then after receiving ITA i've re-checked all the dates when was filling in my Travel history and figured that I started working not in May but on June the 5th (2010/6) so correct dates must be 2010/6 - 2010/9. I put correct ones to my work experience under PR profile but the Express Entry profile remained not changed (you can't make any changes there after ITA). Would they consider it as misrepresentation?

Please, please share your experience. I will highly appreciate your replies.
BR,
Am

Neeo

Jul 13, 2016
ammirandus said:
Im kindly asking you to help me with several questions on regards to the EE documents check list which comes up after receiving an ITA.
Alright, so I received my ITA on Jul 13, filled out personal, work, travel and all of those forms appear after you get an ITA.
After saving the forms and clicking the "Continue" button I've reached the Documents check list page, and here is where I have some questions:
1) Education proof - I have to diplomas Bachelor's and Master's in one field. Should I upload both or just the Master's one and ECA for that?
2) Police certificates - is this right that I must have PCC which is no longer that 3 months old for my origin country and PCC which is no longer that 1 yeah for my overseas police certificates (i.e. FBI PCC)?
3) Proof of medical exam (required) - has anyone used confirmation of registration to the Med exam instead of results form. We are scheduled for middle of August and wondering if we could submit our docs with just confirmation of registration to the exam.
4) Proof of funds - how old must the bank statement be? For instance we have 1 week old translated bank statement along with transactions and we can easily upload that document to our EE check list, but by the time we passed med exam (which is Aug 15th), the bank statement's gonna be 1 month old. Does anyone know for how long the proof of funds valid?
5) Legal Name Change Doc. - that's for my wife who changed her last name when we got married. Can I use our marriage certificate for that field? or there must be something else, like a birth certificate etc.
6) And the last one, in my Express Entry profile, not the PR profile, in my work history I put wrong dates for my foreign work experience i.e.
temporary worker USA - 2010/5 - 2010/9, but then after receiving ITA i've re-checked all the dates when was filling in my Travel history and figured that I started working not in May but on June the 5th (2010/6) so correct dates must be 2010/6 - 2010/9. I put correct ones to my work experience under PR profile but the Express Entry profile remained not changed (you can't make any changes there after ITA). Would they consider it as misrepresentation?

BR,
Am
Hi,
I can maybe help you with few info that I have.

My huseband is PA and he certificated only masters degree. So he uploaded translated original and WES report of masters degree.

We heard all reports have to be valid for 6 months (pcc, bank statement). Please check this somewhere else.

Yes, you can use mariagge certificate as a proof of name change. We used international certificate so we don't have to translate it.

I hope that I helped. Sorry for not having anything else, we've just submitted the aplication (we're confused as well)

Good luck!

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
ammirandus said:

As per the requirement, you need to get only your highest foreign degree assessed, so you need to submit only Master's certificates and transcripts/mark sheets along with ECA. However, if you feel that you need to submit your Bachelors certificates and transcripts/mark sheets as well, there is no harm in it.

For your current country of residence, the PCC should not be older than 6 months and for any other country (where you stayed or established an address for a cumulative period of 6 months or more) to which you have not returned after getting the PCC from that country, it would be valid till you go back to the country again.

I am not sure whether the confirmation of registration would be acceptable. Since your medical exam is scheduled in mid August, would suggest you to complete medical exam and then submit the relevant documents.

Get your bank statements close to the medical completion date (one-two weeks old balance certificate should be acceptable).

In addition to Marriage Certificate, you also need to submit an Affidavit for Name Change After Marriage. The Affidavit will have to jointly executed by both the spouses on plain paper; with signatures, names and address of two witnesses; notarized by notary public. You can find the format for the Affidavit online. You will also need to affix a joint photograph on the Affidavit.

This should not be a problem (as long it does not affect your eligibility). Put the correct dates in your PR application and explain the same and attach a Letter of Explanation.

BR,
Am

ammirandus

Feb 16, 2016
Thank you Neeo, and million thanks to you Stanlee!
Your answers are very useful!
once again, i appreciate your time and help!

amarwah

May 13, 2017
Hi,
While submitting the PR application, do we need to include changes post the submission of the Express Entry application if there are any to my profile like new job or change of address, (even if I have received the ITA on the initial EE information submitted) or should I just use the same information from my EE profile?
If I include the changes, then do I need to provide supporting documents for those?

Please provide an urgent response.

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto
Any changes should be reported and justified to CIC. Your EE Profile Information and PR application Information should also match otherwise it will cause problems for you with misrepresentation. However, any changes can be justified in LOE and you can attach the supporting documents. This will be fine and acceptable.

amarwah

May 13, 2017
@BillHyatt:- Thanks for quick response.
To be specific, I would like to provide further details:- I have recently changed my job(3 months as of today, but I got ITA 10 days after this job change) and its v.difficult to procure the referral letter for this time period only with the current employer.Although, I do have offer letter and pay slips of the existing employer as supporting documents. Can i use these as the same in LOE? because I have the reference letters from the past employers(with sufficient experience required for primary occupation) and the same had been mentioned in the EE profile. Its just the current employer's detail that was not mentioned in the EE profile, which I believe should be updated in the PR application. Please suggest exact response.

amarwah

May 13, 2017
Hi,
While submitting the e-APR, which electronic modes of payment are acceptable. Is it just the credit card? Also, does this credit card needs to be valid for 6 months or more. Is there any constraint like that?

amarwah

May 13, 2017
I have the reference letter from the Bank Manager as well in addition to this 3 month's bank statement. In case its not sufficient enough then can I upload the 6 month's statement at a later time also, if required(is there a provision for the same)? Please suggest. Also is there any guideline from CIC on this that at least 6 month's statement is required?

Advisor_PK

Star Member
May 12, 2017
Islamabad and Toronto
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-08-2016
LANDED..........
04-04-2016
On the official CIC document list (link below) under 'Proof of Funds' section they mention the letter should mention "average balance for the past six months" so in order to assist in the calculation of average balance, most applicants send 6 months bank statement

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp#document_checklist

If you were able to obtain the 3 month statement then I guess you can also obtain the 6 month statement. This is JUST MY OPINION but I think it is better to attach the 6 month statement now before submission.

I have the reference letter from the Bank Manager as well in addition to this 3 month's bank statement. In case its not sufficient enough then can I upload the 6 month's statement at a later time also, if required(is there a provision for the same)? Please suggest. Also is there any guideline from CIC on this that at least 6 month's statement is required?

amarwah

May 13, 2017
On the official CIC document list (link below) under 'Proof of Funds' section they mention the letter should mention "average balance for the past six months" so in order to assist in the calculation of average balance, most applicants send 6 months bank statement

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp#document_checklist

If you were able to obtain the 3 month statement then I guess you can also obtain the 6 month statement. This is JUST MY OPINION but I think it is better to attach the 6 month statement now before submission.

Many thanks for sharing this link. Its highly useful. Another query I have is as follows:-
1) I have recently joined a new organization. Its difficult to obtain the reference letter from them mentioning my duties and responsibilities. However, I have the offer letter and the salary slips. But For the earlier organizations, I have all the relevant documents available. How should I handle this scenario? Will the offer letter + salary slips from current employer suffice?
2)Also for my spouse she has all work-exp. from India and have her exp. letters(not mentioning the duties and responsibilities but) as well. so is it ok to declare her work-exp. then and attach the proofs. Does salary slips are also required? How should this be handled?
3) When i.e in which scenario should I use the letter of explanation(LOE).Can you share any format for the same how to write it.
4) Once I complete the forms and generate the document checklist, can I still go back and update the forms.

Request you to reply asap as my date of submission is nearing.

Thanks

amarwah

May 13, 2017
Many thanks for sharing this link. Its highly useful. Another query I have is as follows:-
1) I have recently joined a new organization. Its difficult to obtain the reference letter from them mentioning my duties and responsibilities. However, I have the offer letter and the salary slips. But For the earlier organizations, I have all the relevant documents available. How should I handle this scenario? Will the offer letter + salary slips from current employer suffice?
2)Also for my spouse she has all work-exp. from India and have her exp. letters(not mentioning the duties and responsibilities but) as well. so is it ok to declare her work-exp. then and attach the proofs. Does salary slips are also required? How should this be handled?
3) When i.e in which scenario should I use the letter of explanation(LOE).Can you share any format for the same how to write it.
4) Once I complete the forms and generate the document checklist, can I still go back and update the forms.

Request you to reply asap as my date of submission is nearing.

Thanks
5) One more point:- The reference letter from one of the organization does not state all the positions I held with them, but just the last designation mentioning all the duties performed during the entire tenure. Hope this is ok and will not pose a problem. Also does salary slips/statements need to be attached/included as well?