+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

required advice

shraddhapatel

Jan 19, 2017
Hi
I am from India(Gujarat) and have read many post, got confused and thought of taking advice from you all.

My son is in 12th science, having subject biology,physic and chemistry (no maths) and we are thinking to taking diploma in biotechnololgy or healthcare( no other choice without maths) for two years. my question is,
1- which city will be good for studying in canada so can get field Job easily after study.
2- I think there are different type of biotechnology or healthcare course, any recommendation on which course to choose.
3- Good college for this course
4- Any good recommendation to studying in canada, on any thing, that we should know before going to canada for study.
I kindly request you to reply me and your advice will be very valuable for my Son future.

Thank You
Regards
Shradha

VRock

Star Member
Jun 23, 2019
It's a bitter truth but 90% of the diploma graduates don't get their field jobs and if you are planning PR as your priority you can choose nova scotia, alberta, manitoba and other provinces which have their nominee programs and need immigration of people. Most of the students go to toronto or vancouver because of which PR has become a bit challenging there.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi
I am from India(Gujarat) and have read many post, got confused and thought of taking advice from you all.

My son is in 12th science, having subject biology,physic and chemistry (no maths) and we are thinking to taking diploma in biotechnololgy or healthcare( no other choice without maths) for two years. my question is,
1- which city will be good for studying in canada so can get field Job easily after study.
2- I think there are different type of biotechnology or healthcare course, any recommendation on which course to choose.
3- Good college for this course
4- Any good recommendation to studying in canada, on any thing, that we should know before going to canada for study.
I kindly request you to reply me and your advice will be very valuable for my Son future.

Thank You
Regards
Shradha
Just want to clarify that your son is the one coming to Canada you say we in many of your posts. Parents aren’t guaranteed any sort of visa to remain in Canada while their child studies. College and university student are expected to be able to look after themselves. Has your son looked at what he is interested in doing and what he is good at? In any country usually shorter degrees lead lower paid jobs. You can’t do a 1 year program and expect the same opportunities as someone who has done 4 years at a university. There are a few healthcare jobs available through a college, LPNs, PSW, phlebotomist, pharmacy technicians, RTs (May be post grad) EMTs (think that may be post grad as well) and some other technicians like lab techs. Would suggest your son takes time to look through all the courses offered and see what interests him and what he is qualified to apply for. Lack of math is likely going to be an issue for many of these programs. After identifying a few potential college courses he should do some research on whether there is demand for these services in Canada and whether that will continue and where. Looking through job advertisements, contacting people already in the professions for advice, exchanging emails with the program coordinator about whether graduates are getting hired in their field and how long it takes to secure a position, etc. Without knowing what kind of degree he is getting it is hard to comment where the jobs will be. Lots of things can change over 3 years. If he studies to be a lab technician in a large labs or manufacturing facilities that would limit where you will be able to find a job to mostly larger cities but people can move once they graduate and new graduates should be prepared to move to where they are offered a position. I suggest that every young person remain flexible and go where the best career opportunity is and get good experience. Getting your first job after post secondary school is often the hardest. If you get a job at the other end of Toronto you would still consider moving even if you are moving within the same city. Most large public colleges are pretty good. Look online for honest opinions. If everyone says the school is perfect they are fake reviews. Would narrow down your options and then post on the forum again.

shraddhapatel

Jan 19, 2017
First, Thanks for reply.

Only my Son wants to go Canada, i write we because of myself and my husband.

Thanks for pointing out many things like, public college, courses, big city................

Thank You
Regards