+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Requesting Police Clearance from Hong Kong

John0624

Jun 21, 2014
Good Day Everyone,
Anybody applied for a Permanent Residents that need a Police Certificate from Hong Kong Police? What will be the process? In my case I will send two requests already to the Hong Kong Police but both of this requests was returned they asking that the request should be from CIC. Thanks you for any help that you can provide.

jpaulianne

Star Member
Oct 21, 2011
AB, Canada
John0624 said:
Good Day Everyone,
Anybody applied for a Permanent Residents that need a Police Certificate from Hong Kong Police? What will be the process? In my case I will send two requests already to the Hong Kong Police but both of this requests was returned they asking that the request should be from CIC. Thanks you for any help that you can provide.
Hi There, here's the procedure from CIC to get your police certificates

How to obtain police certificates

Step 1. Apply for certificates

It is your responsibility to contact the relevant authorities.

Certificates are usually issued by the police of the country concerned, but in some countries you will have to apply to municipal, provincial, federal or other government authorities. The country's embassy or consulate in Canada may be able to give additional information.

When applying for police certificates, you should include for each person:

A completed Request for Police Certificates/Clearances and Authorization for Release of Information) (PDF, 59 KB) form (see Appendix A). Include photocopies for each applicant.

A set of fingerprints, if required by the authority of the country. Your local police or RCMP may be able to tell you where you can get fingerprints done.

Take the Fingerprint Request Letter (PDF, 56 KB) and your photo identification (passport, travel document, etc.) with you when you go to get fingerprints taken.

You may have to pay a fee.

Your complete mailing address (certificates will be sent directly to you).

Step 2. Submit the certificates

Include the police certificates with your application.

If the police authorities notify you that they will submit the certificates directly to us, include this notice with your application.

All police certificates must be originals; photocopies are not acceptable.

If your certificates are in a language other than English or French, attach an original translation prepared by an accredited translator.

What if I cannot get the police certificates?

If you cannot get police certificates from any of the countries where you have lived, you must provide a written explanation with your application and an original letter from the police authority confirming that they will not issue a certificate.

jpaulianne

Star Member
Oct 21, 2011
AB, Canada
John0624 said:
Good Day Everyone,
Here's the download form that you need to fill up and bring to the Police Station or we call RCMP here in Alberta

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/PC_LetterA_e.pdf
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/PC_LetterB_e.pdf

Those two forms are needed for you to get a fingerprint that u need to get a police clearance in HK, and after you get the fingerprint, you have to send it to HK Police Department together with these forms;

Certificate of No Criminal Conviction Application Form (online form) (doc)
Standard personal data form for Certificate of No Criminal Conviction (local) (online form) (doc)
Standard personal data form for Certificate of No Criminal Conviction (overseas)(online form) (doc)
Fingerprint Consent form for Certificate of No Criminal Conviction

Here's the website to download and print the forms;

http://www.police.gov.hk/ppp_en/08_forms/

jpaulianne

Star Member
Oct 21, 2011
AB, Canada
John0624 said:
Good Day Everyone,
When u click on this website just go and look for 'certificate of no criminal conviction, just follow all the instructions but first u have to get done with your fingerprint, just go to the nearest RCMP in ur place and bring the two forms; request letter and fingerprint letter. Thanks and goodluck

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

jpaulianne said:
When u click on this website just go and look for 'certificate of no criminal conviction, just follow all the instructions but first u have to get done with your fingerprint, just go to the nearest RCMP in ur place and bring the two forms; request letter and fingerprint letter. Thanks and goodluck

The OP still needs the signed letter from CIC to apply for the HK PCC http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/asia-pacific/hong-kong.asp

jpaulianne

Star Member
Oct 21, 2011
AB, Canada
PMM said:
Hi

The OP still needs the signed letter from CIC to apply for the HK PCC http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/asia-pacific/hong-kong.asp
Yeah it's actually the two forms that i copy/paste in my 2nd quote.. ;D

John0624

Jun 21, 2014
We gathered everything and if you looked closely on Certificate of No Criminal Conviction Hong Kong Police (Notes to Overseas Applicants) 4. (c) they wants a letter and the name of the relevant Consulate Immigration Authority. My question is where can I get this letter? Can I submit my application without Police Certificate from Hong Kong Police? I know regarding this (How to obtain a police certificate - Hong Kong)

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

John0624 said:
We gathered everything and if you looked closely on Certificate of No Criminal Conviction Hong Kong Police (Notes to Overseas Applicants) 4. (c) they wants a letter and the name of the relevant Consulate Immigration Authority. My question is where can I get this letter? Can I submit my application without Police Certificate from Hong Kong Police? I know regarding this (How to obtain a police certificate - Hong Kong)
You submit your application, if accepted, CIC will send you the letter to get your HK PCC.

jpaulianne

Star Member
Oct 21, 2011
AB, Canada
John0624 said:
You have to make your own letter stating that they need to send your police certificate directly to the CIC - Vegreville, and give the exact address of CIC and u need to sign it

I just did my Police Cert last April, everything went good, they sent back my original receipt., thats the only thing u need to include in your PR application. I hope it helps u

jpaulianne

Star Member
Oct 21, 2011
AB, Canada
John0624 said:
The only request letter which they asking for No. 4(c) is this one;

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/PC_LetterA_e.pdf

That i included in my documents, and that's all i know ..i am not sure y they are still asking for the request letter if u included this letter in getting your police certs.. :'(

John0624

Jun 21, 2014
Hello jpaulianne:

Did you include any cover latter when you sent your correspondence to the Hong Kong Police stating that they can send the Police Certificate to this address?
Case Processing Centre
Vegreville, AB
T9C 1W3

jpaulianne

Star Member
Oct 21, 2011
AB, Canada
John0624 said:
Hello jpaulianne:

Did you include any cover latter when you sent your correspondence to the Hong Kong Police stating that they can send the Police Certificate to this address?
Case Processing Centre
Vegreville, AB
T9C 1W3
Yes, i did!

Im just wondering which request letter they are asking for you? :'(

John0624

Jun 21, 2014
Hey jpaulianne:

Yes that might be the missing one the letter stating what you need and where to send. When the returned the document twice they always high light the (Notes to Overseas Applicants) number 4. (c) & 6

Thank You Very Much

jpaulianne

Star Member
Oct 21, 2011
AB, Canada
John0624 said:
Hey jpaulianne:

Yes that might be the missing one the letter stating what you need and where to send. When the returned the document twice they always high light the (Notes to Overseas Applicants) number 4. (c) & 6

Thank You Very Much
No problem!

Don't forget to put your signature otherwise you will receive a return envelope again! (Just kiddin'! ) :p

Goodluck in everything..GodBless You

teentinz

Jun 18, 2014
Hi, if i may ask where do i need to pay for HK processing of certificate, im planning to go to worldwide forensic scarborough at the end of the month, will get finger print, and are they gonna give you the printing right away? Thanks :)