+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

request to withdraw - visitor extension - WebForm or by mail?

AnnaQC

Aug 9, 2019
Hello everyone, just a quick question. Maybe someone could help on this :)

I applied for extension of stay as a visitor, not a long time a go. But then after I left Canada. I want to withdraw extension app and get refund, since the app it't no longer relevant for me.

I know that there is a Web Form on CIC website, and there is a possibility to withdraw through it.

But, is it for all types of applications, including this one? Because The guide to 'change conditions and exten your stay (...)' posted on CIC website says:
"Refunds: To obtain a refund, you need to send a written request to withdraw your application to the Case Processing Centre."

It doesn't mention webform...

Can I do that online using webform though?? I can't believe they would require to mail it by post, especially people who are abroad

AnnaQC

Aug 9, 2019
hi, thanks for the answer!
But seriously?? if I'm on a different continent, it would probably go there for like 4 weeks... and then withdrawal process taking weeks as well, I feel there's no way that would reach their office before processing or even making a decision (and I literally just applied). What is the web form for then?

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
I am only stating what they tell people to do. You could maybe send one by mail and one by webform. State on the webform that you have sent a letter too. There are loads of companies that request cancellations in writing, so I don't think this is CIC specific issue.

If they don't accept the webform (as they say in the refund rules), then you still have a letter out there.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello everyone, just a quick question. Maybe someone could help on this :)

I applied for extension of stay as a visitor, not a long time a go. But then after I left Canada. I want to withdraw extension app and get refund, since the app it't no longer relevant for me.

I know that there is a Web Form on CIC website, and there is a possibility to withdraw through it.

But, is it for all types of applications, including this one? Because The guide to 'change conditions and exten your stay (...)' posted on CIC website says:
"Refunds: To obtain a refund, you need to send a written request to withdraw your application to the Case Processing Centre."

It doesn't mention webform...

Can I do that online using webform though?? I can't believe they would require to mail it by post, especially people who are abroad
Webform, not mail.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=741&top=23

Reactions: AnnaQC and russ6970