+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Request to transfer the file to a different VO, any experience?

dedoz

Jan 9, 2012
Mississauga
Hi,

I need some help from senior members here. I have just received my SA, but i was surprised that the file was transfered to the Amman VO instead of to Abu Dhabi VO, where my wife resides. The processing time of Amman is double the time 22 vs 13 months. I heard it is possible to request the file to be transfered from one VO to another. Has anyone here done that before? Would the transfer take long? Anyone with experience?

Thanks

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
dedoz said:
Hi,

I need some help from senior members here. I have just received my SA, but i was surprised that the file was transfered to the Amman VO instead of to Abu Dhabi VO, where my wife resides. The processing time of Amman is double the time 22 vs 13 months. I heard it is possible to request the file to be transfered from one VO to another. Has anyone here done that before? Would the transfer take long? Anyone with experience?

Thanks
CIC will send the application to wherever they want and have removed the choice of VO from applicants. You can ask but it's likely to be refused. What is her nationality / citizenship? This may affect where it was sent.

dedoz

Jan 9, 2012
Mississauga
zardoz said:
CIC will send the application to wherever they want and have removed the choice of VO from applicants. You can ask but it's likely to be refused. What is her nationality / citizenship? This may affect where it was sent.
Thanks zardoz! The nationality has indeed affected the decision, at the end of the day they send the application to her home country, and not the country where she resides.

So any known thread about similar case? I would like to read how things went.

LanaLanski

Sep 8, 2016
Abu Dhabi
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-07-2016
AOR Received.
03-08-2016
File Transfer...
17-08-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
16-07-2016
Hi There...this is thread is probably inactive now. We are in a similar situation. My husband is from Syria, we live in Abu Dhabi, our application was initially sent to Bucharest VO and then 3 months later it was sent to Amman, Jordon. they sent it without informing us and without reason. Are they allowed to do this? Why did they do this? We were so happy that Bucharest and Abu Dhabi were both under 15 months of wait time, now we have to deal with 24 months waiting for Amman Jordon.

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Hi There...this is thread is probably inactive now. We are in a similar situation. My husband is from Syria, we live in Abu Dhabi, our application was initially sent to Bucharest VO and then 3 months later it was sent to Amman, Jordon. they sent it without informing us and without reason. Are they allowed to do this? Why did they do this? We were so happy that Bucharest and Abu Dhabi were both under 15 months of wait time, now we have to deal with 24 months waiting for Amman Jordon.
Yes they are allowed. Did you order GCMS notes to figure out why