+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Request to transfer file to Beijing from Hong Kong

China Spouse

May 27, 2011
I am wondering if anyone has any knowledge if it is possible to request for file to be moved to Bejing from Hong Kong. The Hong Kong office as we all know takes way too long.

My wife is currently working/residing in Guangdong, but her family is from Hubei. I am thinking to get her to quit her job and move back home, thus having a new address in Hubei.

Could I request the file to be transferred at this time? The file has only be received recently and not in process.

boblu

Star Member
Oct 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
hong kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/09/2010
File Transfer...
08/10/2010
Med's Done....
14/09/2010
I asked for my wife's file to be transferred to Beijing and I was told this could not happen.
I was also told because she lived in the south it would not matter with processing time the H/K embassy would do the checking and that is what is taking so long I would assume even if she moves part of the checked will need to be down thought H/K as she was living in the south

China Spouse

May 27, 2011
Sorry BobLu, I cannot send you personal message..

Where are you seeing that the times in HK are getting better? Currently shows 18 months on CIC website, which in fact is higher than 2 months ago when it was at 16 months...

My wife works in the clothing business...

boblu

Star Member
Oct 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
hong kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/09/2010
File Transfer...
08/10/2010
Med's Done....
14/09/2010
My wife was called (Letter)for a interview within 7 months. The number you see on line is 80% of the cases for the 18 months some of the other sites show people waiting more than one year for a interview. Our case would be in the 80% we did not expect to get call before the one year was up