+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Request to Proof Read, Letter to Visa Officer for Study and Open Work Permit

soomro76

May 14, 2013
Dear All Experts,

I would highly appreciate your reviews and feedback on the letter below. Kindly suggest what to remove and what to add, or comment on what could be negative and could be the cause of visa refusal and how to overcome that? I am assigning the numbers to Paragraphs, so if someone want to comment on specific para he/she can refer to only that.

=======================================================================================

To
The Visa Officer
Embassy of Canada AAA, BBB,

Dear Sir/ Madam,

I am writing this letter to request study permit (Temporary Resident Visa) in order to pursue my 2-years diploma starting in fall 2017 in Culinary Arts Management from (NBCC) New Brunswick Community College, Moncton campus, New Brunswick.

1--The main goal of my pursuit of this diploma is to develop essential culinary skills and knowledge which would help me to apply those in a range of culinary management areas, including food production analysis and planning, gastronomy, staff planning and supervision, kitchen planning and design. Besides, I would be able to gain practical experience and increased capability in food and kitchen safety, kitchen operations and management, menu planning and production, catering for large groups, culinary gastronomy and styles of cuisine. The program would enable me to pursue employment opportunities in food production operations and may also open other avenues, which may be starting up my own restaurant, bakery or to fulfill the increasing demand of high quality and well managed catering and hospitality management services.

2--In addition to all mentioned above, high quality of education, secure and peaceful environment, international recognition, affordability, generous post-study opportunities for international students are the appealing factors which compelled me to study from there. Besides, the most diversified culture that I believe is the most important factor for the program I have chosen because I may be meeting with students from various parts of the world.

3--I believe cooking well is an innate quality of mine; healthy food is the most important factor in order to live a healthy life. Cooking and baking was just my hobby but it became my responsibility when I got married, a frequent compliment of my husband and in-laws for making a tasty and delicious meal sparked a flame inside me to learn more about preparing a variety of hygienic and healthy foods with different recipes.

4--The constant growth of food industry, the continuous high global demand of well trained culinary related professionals and the wide variety of viable venture opportunities have caught my attention and motivated me to learn the ins and outs of culinary arts and management. Since the world became a global village and the international travel for leisure has dramatically increased it has forced the hospitality and culinary professionals to offer bouquet of cuisines to customers, while people in the past, labeled only local cuisines as their favorite, today many Arabs favor Turkish and western dishes, Indians love Chinese food, Pakistanis like Italian, Iranian and Sushi.

5--The development of two mega gated communities’ i.e the Bahria Town Karachi and DHA City Karachi, which are being developed on international standards and would have all the amenities within the boundaries have great potential to open multitude of food and catering businesses, that would also create enormous demand for good quality hygienic food, catering services, food processing and packaging services to name a few.

6--I expect professionally qualified trainers would make sure that I learn both the theoretical and technical knowledge of the trade while grooming my skills in various nuances of cooking including domestic, oriental and continental cuisines. This program will not only develop my entrepreneurial abilities but also helps me in shaping my career whilst it would improve my chances of better employment opportunities both, at Pakistan and globally alike.

7--The quality of education in Canada is much higher and better, therefore it is worth investing time and money if the goal is to achieve qualification with a higher satisfaction, which would be also highly valuable to the employers at Pakistan.

8--My education in culinary arts management is a collective decision of me and my husband. Thanks to God for our strong mutual understanding in virtually all walks of life. Just after few months of our marriage (19th November 2005) he moved to Saudi Arabia for better opportunities in order to build his career and to support his extended family. He proved to become an enthusiastic person who constantly moved to the next levels of success. By virtue of tax free Saudi Arabian income we had saved substantial amount of money that have been intelligently invested in real estate, (both, land and commercial property) this includes a house (in Defence Housing Authority Islamabad) on partnership basis with one of his cousin that we have recently sold and got share of PKR 1.6 million, in 2012 we booked two shops (in Sukkur City) on 20% advance booking worth of PKR 2.2 million each, which surprisingly I got as gift from my husband upon possession.

9--I have earned good rental income from those shops, but recently I have sold those (for PKR 9.5 million approximately CAD =120,000, one hundred twenty thousands) due to the fact they were at remote location (around 650 KM far from Karachi) so following the tenants for rent was increasingly becoming harder.

10--My personal and husband’s two bank statements (total three) are being attached for your kind perusal in order to assess our proof of funds and capabilities to cover the estimated cost of living (as indicated for one year on IRCC’s website CAD 10,000 for international student, CAD 4000 for spouse and CAD 3000 for each dependent) throughout our stay.

11--In addition to my study permit I am also submitting applications for open work permit for my husband and visitor visas for our two daughters. Being a principal applicant I am aware of all the requirements, obligations and restrictions applicable to international students and the spouse working on open work permit. We believe in living respectable life irrespective of where we live, and Canada would not be an exception, we respect the policies, rules and regulations of IRCC with regards to our temporary nature of permits and we will be adhering those and would leave Canada in accordance with those rules.

12--My husband is an IT and Networks Security professional with considerable experience in his field, although he believe that he would be able to find at least an average job, but still we have reserved the funds to ensure that we should not run into tough times throughout our stay.

13--Upon successful completion of my 2-years diploma I may look for the international experience in Canadian food and cookery industry by availing the post-study work permit. Further, we may explore our options to live there permanently; doing so would results in retaining the skills within Canada, but off course only through legal pathways, such as Federal Skilled Worker Program, Federal Skilled Trades Program, Canadian Experience Class and Provincial Nominee Program.

14--We by nature are attached to our extended families, we are living in joint family system in triple storey house at Karachi (owned by my father-in-law), where we all, his parents and two younger brothers live with their nuclear families in portions dedicated to each, some of our relatives have also recently migrated in very close proximity to us, that really gives us the sense and feeling of past when we were at countryside.

15--Recently we have booked a plot (measuring 500 square yards) at a very posh and developing community which is being developed on international standards namely, Bahria Town Karachi, where my husband is planning to build a house to meet the requirements of growing family members.

Upon successful completion of our course and expiry of our Temporary Resident Visa, I believe I would be equipped with a highly sought after skills and an international experience, we will come back to Pakistan with different enriching experiences to serve community better.

Ketan Sitapara

Star Member
Nov 23, 2016
Surat, India
Category........
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
31-Aug-2017
Passport Req..
20-Sep-2017
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2017
LANDED..........
24-Dec-2017
Hello Friend,

I think you should not write point 13.

Student visa only allows the people who intend to study well in Canada, get a professional education and come back to home country and apply that crucial knowledge for your personal growth in the home country. Here, you mentioned that you will look for the PR (Legal way) but still is not recommending to a write-up in your SOP.

I think you should more focus on come back to home country and your country has a huge potential of your course.

soomro76

May 14, 2013
Thanks you very much Ketan. Actually my husband got his study permit refused twice, with reason that Visa Officer has doubts that he would not come back, therefore the notion of mentioning this point is to convey Visa officer that we have dual intention, in case we got successful by any legal means we will stay there else leave, so at least VO would rule out this doubt.

But off course you are also right, we will think twice before filing our applications.

Regards,

DanielEcu

Star Member
Apr 13, 2017
Quito, Ecuador
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota, Colombia
NOC Code......
NA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-03-2017
Doc's Request.
VAC - Upfront
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
NA
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
12-04-2017
Med's Done....
17-04-2017
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
Upfront
VISA ISSUED...
18-04-2017
LANDED..........
Will be 05-07-2017
Yes, I agree. You should not mention number 13. I would also add how is this step important for your daughters and would try to focus on why the field of study is important to you, it should state previous formal experience and future probabilities.
Hope this helps.
Regards