+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Request to extend passport submission deadline

kiyone

May 7, 2023
I’m trying to extend my passport submission deadline as I will be unable to send it within 30 days. I’m trying to raise a webform but I’m not sure which category or “type of inquiry” this would fall under. Can someone please specify? Also, has anyone received an extension to submit?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I’m trying to extend my passport submission deadline as I will be unable to send it within 30 days. I’m trying to raise a webform but I’m not sure which category or “type of inquiry” this would fall under. Can someone please specify? Also, has anyone received an extension to submit?
Just submit the request, choose which heading best fits. Make sure to provide a reason for the delay.

Frankly they are slow to respond to such requests. It seems - no guarantee - that they routinely ignore short delays in submitting (eg < 4 weeks, ). And I'm fairly confident they will not just cancel any for which a 'good' reason for delay exists.

No, I can't say what are good reasons. Fairly common, even routine ones, are applicants travelling abroad for good reasons or renewing passports, etc.
\
Again though - no guarantees.

*Not a number I know for sure, but a reasonable definition of 'short'. Common sense: don't show up a year later and expect the file to still be open.