Oct 2012
AOR Received.
Nov 2012
Med's Request
June 2013
Med's Done....
Sep 2013
Hello all,

I applied for my wife's Canadian immigration last year Oct 2012. In Nov 2012, the application was approved and was sent to the New Delhi Visa Office. In Jan 2013, they asked for her Indian passport be sent to the Canadian Visa office in New Delhi.

Then.................. *nothing*

They called my wife in June earlier this year to inform that they had misplaced her medical records and she would have to redo those. We are still awaiting that call/email from them informing us WHERE to get the medical done. We were told we can't just go and submit it and we had to have for that call/email with instructions on where to do it.

#1- The fact that we have to wait for a call/email with instructions on where to go for medical sounds fishy. Can we proceed to do her medical at the same hospital she went 1st time? It is approved and on their list.

#2- Can we request to have her passport sent back to her so she can apply for a visit visa to Canada while her PR is being processed?

This waiting time really sucks.

Thanks guys.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

zillcullen said:
Hello all,

I applied for my wife's Canadian immigration last year Oct 2012. In Nov 2012, the application was approved and was sent to the New Delhi Visa Office. In Jan 2013, they asked for her Indian passport be sent to the Canadian Visa office in New Delhi.

Then.................. *nothing*

They called my wife in June earlier this year to inform that they had misplaced her medical records and she would have to redo those. We are still awaiting that call/email from them informing us WHERE to get the medical done. We were told we can't just go and submit it and we had to have for that call/email with instructions on where to do it.

#1- The fact that we have to wait for a call/email with instructions on where to go for medical sounds fishy. Can we proceed to do her medical at the same hospital she went 1st time? It is approved and on their list.

#2- Can we request to have her passport sent back to her so she can apply for a visit visa to Canada while her PR is being processed?

This waiting time really sucks.

Thanks guys.
1. Medical at any Panel Physician the list is on the CIC website. If you wait for CHC ND to tell you which one, you will wait for ever.
2. Sure she can request that her passport to be returned, but it is unlikely that she will get a TRV with a PR application in process.

zillcullen

May 29, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2012
AOR Received.
Nov 2012
Med's Request
June 2013
Med's Done....
Sep 2013
Thanks. I wish there were someone we could talk about this whole immigration process. I'm unfamiliar with it.

Can you suggest any good immigration attorneys in and around Mississauga, Ontario maybe GTA (Toronto) region?

dhami_u

Star Member
Jul 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 14 2013
AOR Received.
April 17 2013
Med's Done....
29-03-2013. Sent with main application.
Passport Req..
03-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
oct 15 in process. DM nov 4
LANDED..........
waiting
To get passport back I think you have to show them proof that your wife needs to travel. Like a ticket that has been purchased

zillcullen

May 29, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2012
AOR Received.
Nov 2012
Med's Request
June 2013
Med's Done....
Sep 2013
More importantly I'm wondering can we go ahead and re-do the medical even though the guy told my wife on the phone she should wait for their instructions. They never called. This was mid-June earlier this year.

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
zillcullen said:
More importantly I'm wondering can we go ahead and re-do the medical even though the guy told my wife on the phone she should wait for their instructions. They never called. This was mid-June earlier this year.
Did you contact them to ask about it? send them a case-specific enquiry, explaining that you're still waiting for instructions.... if it is a re-medical because the previous one has expired, it's best to wait for them to give you instructions, but yours seems to be a different case, so best is to contact them to "remind" them about it. If you don't hear back, then I would go ahead, do the medicals, and send them the receipt with the number so they can match it to your file.
Good luck,
Sweden

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi ( Parents Sponsorship )
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
zillcullen said:
All they care about is to get the meds, I would go to Panel Physician and tell them abt this, they will send info with her UCI # to ND and they will have it
If you wait for New Delhi - you will be bumping this thread till next year

2 more options
1) Call Delhi in Panic Mode and say, no paperwork and stress on misplaced, they will transfer to immigration section with a voicemail ( leave her details, phone etc and you should hear something )
2) Keep sending faxes 1 every 3rd demanding a call back

New Delhi is the epitome of negligence, unprofessional attittude, tardy and ridiculous immigration system - representing Canada - upon that these guys want a rasise