+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Request Letter - Passport Copies

lynna

Feb 12, 2017
Hello,
I received a request to submit copies of my passport pages with a translation of all documents that aren't in French or English.
I applied for citizenship in October 2020.
Would anyone know if documents in passports that fall within the 5 year period but date from 2010 would need to be translated anyway?

ra03ra

Champion Member
May 12, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2016
AOR Received.
16-07-2016
File Transfer...
SA - Aug 23, 2016
Med's Done....
08/06/2016
Passport Req..
03/01/2017
VISA ISSUED...
13/01/2017
Question. My wife application had gone to DM on Aug 02 and all the steps from Test, Language, Prohibition, etc has been completed except for The oath ceremony which is still showing in progress. I have not received any passport pages request...is that the last request before they send me oath date?.....

labamba

Jan 2, 2017
Hi, do I need to translate the national anthem written in my native language on the first page of the passport? They've asked for all passport pages and they need to be translated if not in Eng/Fr

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi, do I need to translate the national anthem written in my native language on the first page of the passport? They've asked for all passport pages and they need to be translated if not in Eng/Fr
I don't think that would be necessary IMO. Just the pages with stamps should do. But if you are getting it done as a package and adding this one page doesn't increase the price of translation, then you can go ahead and get it done.

Good luck!

mpsqra

Champion Member
Jul 6, 2017
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Hello Forum,

I completed my test last friday and today I received a "Request Letter" asking for a copy of my passports as well as official translations of it (including stamps) if in another language.

I contacted a big translation company, specialized in IRCC translations and they said this is an unusual request (translation of stamps). When the guy in the company said that, I started trying to double check if the email request was a scam. It doesn`t look like (it even has my Application ID in the doc).

Has anyone passed through a similar situation?

Thanks. Nicolas.
now-a-day is a regular request from the begining
https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/pdf/kits/citizen/cit0007e-2.pdf

$Navi$

Star Member
Jan 7, 2022
How long does it take, once you send the photocopy of your passport? My test was updated to completed on Dec 20th, 2021 and I sent the PC on Dec 24th, 2021. Everything else is in progress except test and ceremony. Since then I didn't hear anything back from IRCC.