+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Request for updated documents (Study plan, funds and representation)

Jun 1, 2021
After receiving AIP in SEP 2020, I've been studying online at CDI Montreal. I've received an update on my application (applied in Feb 2021).

This is in reference to your online application for a study permit.
We are reaching out to request updated information in order to process your application. We are seeking documentation on the following information:
- Updated study plan outlining the purpose of your studies
- Confirmation of who is funding your studies in Canada and their relationship to you, and proof of their income and funds for the last 6 months
- Confirmation of whether you are or have been represented either by a designated individual or paid representative, and if so have you submitted a completed form (designated individual IMM5475/ paid representative IMM5476)

I need advice on this as to what exactly should I submit. My queries are:
1. Do I address all these request in a single document referencing as an explanation to all the requests?

2. For my studies I've taken an education loan and have my GIC intact till now. So do I still need to give proof of funds? (those will be my family's)

Thanks in Advance

PDA_1201

Star Member
Jan 25, 2021
After receiving AIP in SEP 2020, I've been studying online at CDI Montreal. I've received an update on my application (applied in Feb 2021).

We are reaching out to request updated information in order to process your application. We are seeking documentation on the following information:
- Confirmation of who is funding your studies in Canada and their relationship to you, and proof of their income and funds for the last 6 months
- Confirmation of whether you are or have been represented either by a designated individual or paid representative, and if so have you submitted a completed form (designated individual IMM5475/ paid representative IMM5476)

1. Do I address all these request in a single document referencing as an explanation to all the requests?

2. For my studies I've taken an education loan and have my GIC intact till now. So do I still need to give proof of funds? (those will be my family's)

Thanks in Advance
Merge them in one PDF file. Maybe you should show an education loan document? also submit the GIC confirmation letter again. If someone is sponsoring you, then yes, you should present his/her bank statements.

Reactions: overseas-student
Jun 1, 2021
Thanks for the help
I understand that merging documents is probably a good aproach but I wanted to know that should I write all the answers to their requests. Also will it be good idea to submit my latest transcripts (I've completed a semester online) in my study plan or attach as proof?

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Yes, address the queries one by one, on the first page of your merged pdf. Include a page of content, listing all the documents you are submitting. It's a great idea to submit your transcripts for semester completed.

Reactions: overseas-student
Jun 1, 2021
Yes, address the queries one by one, on the first page of your merged pdf. Include a page of content, listing all the documents you are submitting. It's a great idea to submit your transcripts for semester completed.
Merge them in one PDF file. Maybe you should show an education loan document? also submit the GIC confirmation letter again. If someone is sponsoring you, then yes, you should present his/her bank statements.

Thank you so much for the help

lamnt0702

Star Member
Mar 26, 2021
i got an similar email from ircc.
is that a positive sign or just a sign that they have started reviewing out our file?
Yes, I think it should be a positive sign. If they decide to refuse your application, they will not ask you to submit more docs but at the same time, this will not be a 100% guarantee you will get approval, which still depends on your docs that you are going to submit.

Reactions: JAS131313

arul fernando

Star Member
Oct 17, 2018
thanks mate
Yes, I think it should be a positive sign. If they decide to refuse your application, they will not ask you to submit more docs but at the same time, this will not be a 100% guarantee you will get approval, which still depends on your docs that you are going to submit.

thanks mate..

JAS131313

Star Member
Aug 16, 2019

Thanks in Advance
Hi Everyone,

I have also got this email when my application was applied for CANADA college Montreal. But recently I updated the DLI of the new college through the webform.
1. Are they sending these docs requests to all Montreal college students? please reply as I was thinking may be due to the new DLI change.
2. Did anyone has received the PPR after sending these docs?
3. I applied last year in June 2020. When did you apply?

Thanks..

JAS131313

Star Member
Aug 16, 2019
Thanks for the help
I understand that merging documents is probably a good aproach but I wanted to know that should I write all the answers to their requests. Also will it be good idea to submit my latest transcripts (I've completed a semester online) in my study plan or attach as proof?
In which college did you complete your semester?

JAS131313

Star Member
Aug 16, 2019
In which college did you complete your semester?
What is the duration of that program? For this "After receiving AIP in SEP 2020, I've been studying online at CDI Montreal. I've received an update on my application (applied in Feb 2021). " did you applied again in Feb 2021 or to a different college as I read the first application was submitted for Montreal college in 2020.

Hansika

Dec 2, 2019
Hi
Even I received the same mail from ircc regarding submission of new documents.
I applied on September 25, 2020
M college, Quebec

Hansika

Dec 2, 2019
Hi
If some one could advice me that do I need to upload the ITR's i.e Income Tax returns
(recent ones) of my sponsors or I need to upload the bank statements of last 6 months? I am confused .