+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Request for Schedule A / Background Declaration form

hsingh2906

Mar 4, 2021
Hi People,

I have been asked to submit a new Schedule A form again for my application of Permanent Residence. It seems like I correctly entered everything in the previous background declaration form , but I don't know why they have requested this form again. They didn't even mention anything specific while requesting the new form.

Could please anyone help as to why do they usually ask schedule A again? What happens if I don't submit it ?? I also don't remember the exact dates I entered for my address histories in the EAPR??? Can anyone help please ??

Thanks.

laila86

Star Member
Nov 18, 2020
Hi People,

I have been asked to submit a new Schedule A form again for my application of Permanent Residence. It seems like I correctly entered everything in the previous background declaration form , but I don't know why they have requested this form again. They didn't even mention anything specific while requesting the new form.

Could please anyone help as to why do they usually ask schedule A again? What happens if I don't submit it ?? I also don't remember the exact dates I entered for my address histories in the EAPR??? Can anyone help please ??

Thanks.
Hi, did they reply to you? we received the same request last Sunday... LET ME KNOW PLEASE!!!

hsingh2906

Mar 4, 2021
Hi,

Nobody replied to me . But I talked to a couple of immigration lawyers and even talked to IRCC official representatives and they suggested me to just submit the form without doing any overthinking. So I submitted it and I am just hoping for the best now.

I hope this helps !

Reactions: laila86

laila86

Star Member
Nov 18, 2020
Hi,

Nobody replied to me . But I talked to a couple of immigration lawyers and even talked to IRCC official representatives and they suggested me to just submit the form without doing any overthinking. So I submitted it and I am just hoping for the best now.

I hope this helps !
I hope they can work our files soon!. I have been waiting for long time, and I was surprised when they asked for it.

Mp298

Sep 30, 2019
did you do express entry??
I received the same request on Mar 3rd. Submitted on Mar 4th and got the message "We are reviewing the documents", but nothing since. My application has an AOR from Aug 2018 and it's the first thing I've heard since a remed request in Mar 2020!! Is yours similar and are you inland?

• Angry

Zeph99

May 6, 2020
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/is-there-any-way-to-view-a-pr-application-after-submission.565144/

That thread has instructions for how to view your previously submitted application form contents.

I got a schedule A request after all stages were passed, call centre agent confirmed that they just want to know if anything's changed since application. It's bizarre that they don't just ask, majority of the content of that form isn't things that would change but whatever. Agent also said that they moved my file to local VO after receiving it.

laila86

Star Member
Nov 18, 2020
I received the same request on Mar 3rd. Submitted on Mar 4th and got the message "We are reviewing the documents", but nothing since. My application has an AOR from Aug 2018 and it's the first thing I've heard since a remed request in Mar 2020!! Is yours similar and are you inland?
OMG!!!! I’m so sorry for you.... you must be in pain. It’s totally crazy. My partner and I are Inland June 2020. what about you?

laila86

Star Member
Nov 18, 2020
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/is-there-any-way-to-view-a-pr-application-after-submission.565144/

That thread has instructions for how to view your previously submitted application form contents.

I got a schedule A request after all stages were passed, call centre agent confirmed that they just want to know if anything's changed since application. It's bizarre that they don't just ask, majority of the content of that form isn't things that would change but whatever. Agent also said that they moved my file to local VO after receiving it.
Thank you for your reply. we got a ghost update yesterday morning, and I think they were reviewing it. If I just saw the tread before but I think we got everything. We even added all the information of what happened after our AOR . Did you received your COPR?

Mp298

Sep 30, 2019
OMG!!!! I’m so sorry for you.... you must be in pain. It’s totally crazy. My partner and I are Inland June 2020. what about you?
Thanks... Yes I'm FSW Inland with my partner... I've kinda just learnt to continue with life as it's taking so long and keep on applying for a BOWP when my current WP expires! I thought the remed last year was nearing the end... and then exactly a year later I get this Schedule A req! Crazy! Part of me wondered if the Sched A was to check if we were still in Canada?! @Zeph99 Thanks for your comment too... that kinda makes sense I guess?

The ghost update sounds promising. I've had nothing!! When did you send them the Sched A's?

Zeph99

May 6, 2020
Thanks... Yes I'm FSW Inland with my partner... I've kinda just learnt to continue with life as it's taking so long and keep on applying for a BOWP when my current WP expires! I thought the remed last year was nearing the end... and then exactly a year later I get this Schedule A req! Crazy! Part of me wondered if the Sched A was to check if we were still in Canada?! @Zeph99 Thanks for your comment too... that kinda makes sense I guess?

The ghost update sounds promising. I've had nothing!! When did you send them the Sched A's?
It does seem like a very excessive way to answer the "still here" question that's for sure.
I got the schedule A request last Saturday, submitted same day. Got an update with no email notification on Monday, it says they're reviewing it. Got another ghost update Thursday night so I called them on Friday morning and that's when they gave the above updates.

local office is Etobicoke so no idea when a final decision and COPR may arrive. They seem pretty backed up there.

laila86

Star Member
Nov 18, 2020

Maybe as @Zeph99 said they are finalizing the application and they like to see if anything is changed.But it’s crazy, because they could check our passports.. we came here 3 years ago and we never left for a vacation.But I agree with you, maybe they want to check if we are still here, if we change job, if we still have the same partner etc... but 2 years it’s a lot...
We got the form request last Sunday and the sent it back the same day.. what about you?

laila86

Star Member
Nov 18, 2020
It does seem like a very excessive way to answer the "still here" question that's for sure.
I got the schedule A request last Saturday, submitted same day. Got an update with no email notification on Monday, it says they're reviewing it. Got another ghost update Thursday night so I called them on Friday morning and that's when they gave the above updates.

local office is Etobicoke so no idea when a final decision and COPR may arrive. They seem pretty backed up there.
Knowing that everything is passed it’s relieving.... even if they could take a while before COPR is issued.. For all of us

Zeph99

May 6, 2020
Knowing that everything is passed it’s relieving.... even if they could take a while before COPR is issued.. For all of us
i thought that at first then was panicking all last week worrying that asking for that form meant they were gonna reopen a phase or something. They usually ask for it much earlier in the process, if at all. But was calmer after talking to the agent.