+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Request for Passport

gokkalai

Jun 2, 2008
Recently I got intimation from Canadian High Commission to submit my passport along with my wife & son's passport for PR visa stamping. The issue is that the letter mentions the name and other details are to be be printed in the passport. I have an Indian passport issued in the year 1999 where all the details are hand written and valid until 2019. Can you please advise whether I can send my existing passport or to apply for a new one where all the details are printed?

M S Chaudhry

Star Member
Jun 6, 2006
Hi gokkalai

Very interesting that your passport is valid for 20 years as you mentioned in your e-mail. (1999 - 2019). Is it the case? something like life time passport.

Anyway you shoud submit which you have with you at the moment unless CHC ask for the new one.

gokkalai

Jun 2, 2008
Hi sach123, damas & m s chaudhry,

Thanks a lot for your reply. You were all correct!
Before posting the message in the forum, I also sent a note to CHC london about this issue (not sure whether I will get reply on time). They also replied me saying they will accept hand written passport.

Yes, my Indian passport issued in UAE is valid for 20 years!

M S Chaudhry

Star Member
Jun 6, 2006
Hi gokkalai

You are really lucky person having a passport valid for 20 years. We amy say it a life time one. I think other countries should also adopt this long term passport policy to facilitate their citizens and reduce burden in the concerned offices.