+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Request for passport received... passport expiring on May 2013!

china_eyes188

Sep 3, 2012
Hi guys!

I have received passport request this August 31, 2012 and my passport is expiring on May 14, 2013. I have asked our embassy to extend the validity of my passport and now my passport expiry date is September 3, 2013 which is written in the amendments section of my passport. Medicals was done on April 20,2012. I am planning to land by mid november 2012 thats the very reason that i asked our embassy to extend the validity of my passport because airlines require at least 6 months valid passport in order to book a flight.

Question....

1. I will be submitting my updated information sheet together with my passport. Will there be a problem because in the data page the expiry is showing May 14, 2013? They might not read the amendment page in the passport stating that its validity is extended until September 3, 2013. Will CIC question this? will airport authorities question this (in canada and in any transit cities that i will be transiting to?)

2. Is having a passport request a guarantee that they have decided to give you an immigrant visa?

Thanks guys in advance!

naveed1

May 13, 2011
sialkot pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5 MARCH 2011
Doc's Request.
SENT WITH APPLICANTION ON 5 MARCH 2011
AOR Received.
11 APRIL 2011
IELTS Request
SENT WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
RBVO 8 MAY 2011 ( in process 2 nov 2011)
Med's Request
17 jan 2012
Med's Done....
8 feb 2012 rprf sent on 10 feb med recevied line added 5 march
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
ppr1 9 july 2012 DM 13 july 2012 ppr2 13 sep 2012
VISA ISSUED...
23 sep 2012
LANDED..........
in nov or december Inshaallah
china_eyes188 said:
Hi guys!

I have received passport request this August 31, 2012 and my passport is expiring on May 14, 2013. I have asked our embassy to extend the validity of my passport and now my passport expiry date is September 3, 2013 which is written in the amendments section of my passport. Medicals was done on April 20,2012. I am planning to land by mid november 2012 thats the very reason that i asked our embassy to extend the validity of my passport because airlines require at least 6 months valid passport in order to book a flight.

Question....

1. I will be submitting my updated information sheet together with my passport. Will there be a problem because in the data page the expiry is showing May 14, 2013? They might not read the amendment page in the passport stating that its validity is extended until September 3, 2013. Will CIC question this? will airport authorities question this (in canada and in any transit cities that i will be transiting to?)

2. Is having a passport request a guarantee that they have decided to give you an immigrant visa?

Thanks guys in advance!

Yes brother passport request is a guarantee that they have decided to give u immigrant visa . Regarding your first question u can write them a letter with ur updated information chart that they have extended the validity of your passport from may to september it will not pose any problem and no once u get the visa form embassy airport authorities will not question about this.