+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Request for IMM5562E form

Dec 3, 2017
Hello, I just received this message on my account:

"This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada. In order for us to continue the
review of your application, we require the following documents:

UCI number - Name Surname:

Dear Name Surname,

 Travel History: Proof of travel history. Please complete the following form:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5562E.pdf

Please upload these documents to your MyCIC account by 2018/01/26.
Please note:
The above information/documents must be received within 7 days from the date of this
correspondence. If this deadline is not met, your application will be assessed based on the information
that was provided with your application and your application could be refused.

"

I have a few questions:

1. Should the form be handwritten or I should fill it on my computer?

2. There are only 6 rows in the table, but my travel history consists of more than 10 records. So for that case they said to use an extra sheet of paper with my name and form's title on it. Should I actually use a paper(maybe for providing a signature)? Or is it OK to make a pdf document with the rest of the information and merge it with the original one without printing anything?

3. I already provided all the information in my application before submitting my documents. All the dates were correct since I filled everything based on my visa stamps on both my expired and new passports(I have them both). Then why are they asking for such document?

4. Should I also scan and upload bio pages and all pages with visas or stamps on my expired passport and my current one and also provide a 1 page Letter of Explanation in the beginning of *.pdf file specifying pages in pdf file for each passport?

5. I traveled to Italy and visited a few cities and in my application I filled separate record for each city since the format in PR application was

Day-Month-Year Day-Month-Year Country City

for each row. Maybe I was wrong and I should filled only one record for Italy? Like "Date - Date City1, City2, City3, Italy"?

6. The format in IMM5562E form is YYYY-MM so I can't fill any days. And lets say I visited 3 cities during the same month in the same country. Should I fill 3 records with the same dates(since I can only specify year and month) and mention days that I spent in each city or use 1 record with the full amount of days that I spent in that country and mention multiple cities all together?

7. During counting days for the case mentioned in points 5 and 6 should I calculate the days exclusively? So for example if I leaved City1 on 7th in the morning and went to the City2 in the same day, I shouldn't count that day during my trip to City1 but count it only for my trip to City2, right? Because during paying city or tourist taxes in Italy we payed in that manner. Also my Schengen visa was stamped for certain amount of days that I could spent in Italy, so the sum of all days for all the cities in Italy should be less or equal to that amount that is in my visa stamp.

pitico55

Star Member
Jul 22, 2017

"This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada. In order for us to continue the

Dear Name Surname,

Please note:
The above information/documents must be received within 7 days from the date of this
correspondence. If this deadline is not met, your application will be assessed based on the information

"

I have a few questions:

2. There are only 6 rows in the table, but my travel history consists of more than 10 records. So for that case they said to use an extra sheet of paper with my name and form's title on it. Should I actually use a paper(maybe for providing a signature)? Or is it OK to make a pdf document with the rest of the information and merge it with the original one without printing anything?

3. I already provided all the information in my application before submitting my documents. All the dates were correct since I filled everything based on my visa stamps on both my expired and new passports(I have them both). Then why are they asking for such document?

4. Should I also scan and upload bio pages and all pages with visas or stamps on my expired passport and my current one and also provide a 1 page Letter of Explanation in the beginning of *.pdf file specifying pages in pdf file for each passport?

5. I traveled to Italy and visited a few cities and in my application I filled separate record for each city since the format in PR application was

for each row. Maybe I was wrong and I should filled only one record for Italy? Like "Date - Date City1, City2, City3, Italy"?

6. The format in IMM5562E form is YYYY-MM so I can't fill any days. And lets say I visited 3 cities during the same month in the same country. Should I fill 3 records with the same dates(since I can only specify year and month) and mention days that I spent in each city or use 1 record with the full amount of days that I spent in that country and mention multiple cities all together?

7. During counting days for the case mentioned in points 5 and 6 should I calculate the days exclusively? So for example if I leaved City1 on 7th in the morning and went to the City2 in the same day, I shouldn't count that day during my trip to City1 but count it only for my trip to City2, right? Because during paying city or tourist taxes in Italy we payed in that manner. Also my Schengen visa was stamped for certain amount of days that I could spent in Italy, so the sum of all days for all the cities in Italy should be less or equal to that amount that is in my visa stamp.
1- ok with computer
2- type it in word or excel then send it to pdf
3- maybe to check if you need more PCC's.
3- optional, send it if you want to. i did not sent that myself
4- 1 line per country and travel
5- same as 4.
6- same as 4.
7- don't worry about cities. just countries.

Dec 3, 2017
Thank you for your response. Actually I only now noticed that schengen visa has a few words purely in Italian, without any English explanation. I assume they requested this document because of that.

craig123

Jul 7, 2017

Dear Name Surname,

Please note:

"

I have a few questions:

Dear Name Surname,

Please note:

"

I have a few questions:

I would suggest do it on Computer.

You can do PDF. I submitted PDF when I was asked the same for. Page 1 (6 entries) and 2 (this page only has information and nothing you to enter) from IMM5562 and I merged word sheet with remaining travel lines (remaining 4 entries) as Page 3. Do note IMM5562 does not let you enter and then save it to your PC. SO you have to enter the 6 travel lines, print the form and then scan it in PDF again with the additional 3 page.
I also merged LOE explaining below mentioned points as Page 4 onwards.

Could be one of two reasons:
1. You have traveled to a country where you have lived close to 6 month but just short of it so you did not upload PCC as you do not require it. Explain in LOE how many total days you have travelled and how many days short of 180 days (6 months) you are thus not requiring PCC.
2. You may have made a mistake. On one of my stamps there were two dates. During submitting application I mentioned one. Later I realized the one I gave was Valid-Till date and not the date I actually traveled on. I added this to the LOE.

Yes do it. I provided all the visas and entry/exit stamps in my current and past passports. Attached these to the PDF after LOE.

This should have been one trip. Travel with in a country is not required. You can mentioned the cities under destination. You can explain this in LOE that what you had done previously and how with IMM5562 you are making one entry for all.

Again, you do not need three seperate lines for travel with in the same country. For example: City 1: 01-01-2018 to 10-01-2018, then you travelled to City 2: 11-01-2018 to 20-01-2018 and finally City 3: 21-01-2018 to 31-01-2018.
All of the above trips to Cities 1, 2 and 3 on IMM5562 will look like

FROM TO DAYS Destination Purpose
2018-01 2018-01 31 days (add all days from three cities) City1, 2 and 3, ITALY Travel

Again count the whole duration of stay in one country and by city. If you left one country and went to another country on the same day. Does not matter if you count that day in Country 1 or Country 2. They do not look at that level.

Any additional information you need to provide add it to LOE.

GOOD LUCK.

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2017
Thank you for detailed response!

I found that there is 1 schengen visa in Italian in my current passport and 1 visa stamp in Ukrainian in my expired passport(the rest of visa stamps are bilingual with the second language as English). I assume I should add a certified translation for these 2 visas ONLY? Or for the whole passport? Moreover, I just now noticed that there is a page in my passport with my registered address which does not have an English description like the data on BIO page. Should I also add a certified translation for that page also even if they asked only for travel history?

craig123

Jul 7, 2017

I found that there is 1 schengen visa in Italian in my current passport and 1 visa stamp in Ukrainian in my expired passport(the rest of visa stamps are bilingual with the second language as English). I assume I should add a certified translation for these 2 visas ONLY? Or for the whole passport? Moreover, I just now noticed that there is a page in my passport with my registered address which does not have an English description like the data on BIO page. Should I also add a certified translation for that page also even if they asked only for travel history?
I personally did not have to worry about translation but from all I have read many people got their visas as well as entry/ exit stamps translated. Also if your country's passport is not in English then get it translated.

craig123

Jul 7, 2017

Here is something that might help.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/no-need-to-translate-foreign-entry-exit-stamps-in-passport.503427/

Dec 3, 2017
Thank you again, that was a really helpful thread. However, I am not sure regarding these 2 questions:

1. If there is a visa to translate, should I do a certified translation of BIO pages AND that visa only or translation for the whole passport with all visa stamps?

2. If some visa stamp is bilingual and contain notes(just 3 words: "country name's border"), the same text in English and some other language, should that stamp be translated?

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2017
Ok, here is the thing. In notary service they told me that they will not translate expired passport since it is not a valid document so I will not be able to provide a translation for Ukrainian visa.
Also they said that nobody will do an Italian - English translation for my schengen visa, they will only verify that the schengen stamp is valid.

Any advise what should I do?

Dec 3, 2017
Hello,

1. Do I understand it correctly that certified translation not really need to be notarized also(but it will be good to notarize a translation just in case)? Or affidavit mean that it should be notarized and just doing a translation by certified translator is not enough?

2. I will try to do the translations first with the certified translators(skipping the parts that they will not be able to do, as a Italian-English translation for Schengen visa) and only then notarize them if possible. If they will still refuse to do a translation, I will request a translation for the whole current passport, so in that way I will show that I did the most that was possible to do and it is not my fault that Schengen visa was not translated but only verified as a valid visa. And still I am not even sure if they requested ADR because of 2 Italian words in Schengen visa. I think the reason was that I

2. I counted days for one neighbor country that I visited more often than other countries within the last 10 years but short periods like 3-4 days, and there are 10 visits with around 40 days in total. So I definitely do not need a PCC for that country. However, should I mention in LoE that fact and say that is the reason that I didn't provice a PCC or it is self explanatory?

3. I have one visit to the neighbor country with duration a few hours but I mentioned the length of it as 1 day in the table with reason "Tourism'. The reason was to catch a flight from other country's main airport. So actually I spent in that country a few hours before taking the plane. I have visa stamps in my current passport for that. For the length is it ok to write 1 day or I should write something else(like "a few hours")? Should I explain that in LoE?

Thanks.

sarvesh90

Jun 18, 2018
Hello guys,

I have received a message from IRCC to fill out form IMM5562E-Travel History.

I have not traveled anywhere outside my current country of residence (USA) or my country of origin (India) ever in my life. I have submitted PCCs for both USA and India.

In this case, do you think I should just submit form IMM5562E by checking the "did not travel" box?

Please help, I only have 7 days to respond.

Reactions: rovar473

rovar473

Star Member
Feb 2, 2019
Hello guys,

I have received a message from IRCC to fill out form IMM5562E-Travel History.

I have not traveled anywhere outside my current country of residence (USA) or my country of origin (India) ever in my life. I have submitted PCCs for both USA and India.

In this case, do you think I should just submit form IMM5562E by checking the "did not travel" box?

Please help, I only have 7 days to respond.
Hi Sarvesh,
Did you get any clarification on this question? How did you update the form ? Can you please help as I am also in the same situation? Thank you.