+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Request for FP, is this normal?

s3nr1

Star Member
May 11, 2013
I got an email with the following request:

"After reviewing the biographical information on your application form, there are questions in your case with regard to sections 21 and/or 22 of the Citizenship Act, explained further on the second page of this letter."

Googling it seems to be something possibly criminal like somebody shoplifting.

Is this normal? I have never done any criminal/shady thing before or after my application. I did get a speeding ticket once and it was not the one that you can be charged criminally.

What should I do next? Go to the local police station and ask for details?

firstax

Dec 8, 2018

"After reviewing the biographical information on your application form, there are questions in your case with regard to sections 21 and/or 22 of the Citizenship Act, explained further on the second page of this letter."

Is this normal? I have never done any criminal/shady thing before or after my application. I did get a speeding ticket once and it was not the one that you can be charged criminally.

You have to satisfy IRCC that it's not you. Perhaps you may have a similar name with someone who has been in trouble with the law. Did they ask for fingerprints?

s3nr1

Star Member
May 11, 2013
Yes I would think my name is pretty unique but I guess anything is possible.

To proceed with your application, you must have your fingerprints taken within thirty (30) days of the date of this letter. Fingerprinting procedure Fingerprints must be taken electronically by the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP), local police, or an accredited private fingerprint agency. For a list of RCMP accredited digital fingerprinting agencies, please see our website at:
So this is not normal way to request for my fingerprint? I think I already submitted my FP for the PR application which was March 02 2020.

Ok in any case I will go to RCMP, I think its still open now. Will I be able to ask if I have any records?

Dreamlad

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017
Yes I would think my name is pretty unique but I guess anything is possible.

So this is not normal way to request for my fingerprint? I think I already submitted my FP for the PR application which was March 02 2020.

Ok in any case I will go to RCMP, I think its still open now. Will I be able to ask if I have any records?
FP is only valid for one year. You have to redo it whenever it expires.

s3nr1

Star Member
May 11, 2013
Thanks for answering. To take a fingerprint I need either the CoPR or landing. Here are the requirements:
Bring the following information with you to get your fingerprints taken:
 this letter, so that your application number and the address of the citizenship office requesting your fingerprints are noted on the fingerprint form;

 your proof of permanent resident status - Record of Landing (IMM1000) or Confirmation of Permanent Residence (IMM5292 or IMM5688);

 your Permanent Resident Card (if you have ever received one);  at least two (2) pieces of valid identification, one of which contains your photo and signature;

 the appropriate fees.
I received my PR through Express Entry. Applied through the CiC website, in it I do see the last document I received was this:

Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada Windsor IRCC 1250 Walker Road Windsor, ON N8Y 4T4
Date:<>
UCI: <>
CoPR Document #: <>

My Name/Address, I am pleased to advise you that your application for permanent residence in Canada is now complete. Congratulations! You are now a permanent resident of Canada!

This letter constitutes an official document issued by the Department of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.

You can provide a copy of this letter to prove that you are a permanent resident of Canada and to apply for government benefits and services for which you are eligible, until you receive your permanent resident card.

This letter does not replace the permanent resident card; you are still required to submit the documentation to obtain your permanent resident card.

If you have a Confirmation of Permanent Residence (CoPR) document in-hand, please send it along with one photo that meets our photo specifications to the address listed above. Please ensure that you write your unique client identifier (UCI) and name on the back of the photo. If your address has changed, please provide us with your current address.
So I think I did receive a CoPR but that was sent when I apply for a PR card. Do you think because of Express Entry this particular requirement does not apply to me?

CANADA-1

Jan 17, 2017

this is normal may be your is papular name or match some one name this kind of situation ircc ask for finger print this work only 1 year if pass this time they ask again now no more count your application 80% quota just follow ircc instruction time to time nothing else .

s3nr1

Star Member
May 11, 2013
this is normal may be your is papular name or match some one name this kind of situation ircc ask for finger print this work only 1 year if pass this time they ask again now no more count your application 80% quota just follow ircc instruction time to time nothing else .
That sounds like what is happening. They're taking my FP to compare with 'some' criminal with a similar name that had their FP taken for some crime? Since I have never been charged and had my fingerprint taken for a crime, then it won't be a match.

Anyway, I did my FP. And I didn't need both my CoPR and PR card. I mean, I expected that because as far as I know Landing and CoPR papers are to be used these days temporarily, and those were the "papers" that were used before they introduced the PR card.

guitarman

Star Member
Aug 17, 2018
Thanks for answering. To take a fingerprint I need either the CoPR or landing. Here are the requirements:

I received my PR through Express Entry. Applied through the CiC website, in it I do see the last document I received was this:

So I think I did receive a CoPR but that was sent when I apply for a PR card. Do you think because of Express Entry this particular requirement does not apply to me?
The letter you received is the same one that I received. At first I was worried, because my partner didn't receive a letter, but searching through this forum showed that it's pretty normal procedure. My understanding is that they're also requested randomly for quality control. Kind of like at the airport when they do a more thorough bag check.

Dreamlad

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017
You must be either a hitman or an undercover double agent.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: s3nr1 and A_S

Joship33

Star Member
May 18, 2019

Hi. Did they give provide you the fingerprint form or did you get it on your own ? If so, then could be share the URL, please.

TheJim

Star Member
Sep 20, 2014
Montreal, Quebec
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
17-08-2014
AOR Received.
16-09-2014
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Not Required
VISA ISSUED...
31-12-2014
LANDED..........
12-12-2014

You don't need to worry, it's just the wording here that is scary but I got the exact same message when my background check expired and I had to submit fingerprints again but it's nothing to worry about :)

TheJim

Star Member
Sep 20, 2014
Montreal, Quebec
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
17-08-2014
AOR Received.
16-09-2014
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Not Required
VISA ISSUED...
31-12-2014
LANDED..........
12-12-2014
That sounds like what is happening. They're taking my FP to compare with 'some' criminal with a similar name that had their FP taken for some crime? Since I have never been charged and had my fingerprint taken for a crime, then it won't be a match.

Anyway, I did my FP. And I didn't need both my CoPR and PR card. I mean, I expected that because as far as I know Landing and CoPR papers are to be used these days temporarily, and those were the "papers" that were used before they introduced the PR card.
COPR isn't temporary, you will need it to apply for old age pension when you retire so be sure to keep it safe when you become a citizen

engimam

Star Member
Jan 8, 2018

I got the same ... is it a standard letter ? or something to worry ?